Beer at ACC tournament? | Syracusefan.com

Beer at ACC tournament?

Curious if they sold beer in Brooklyn.

2 years ago in Greensboro they did not.
And there was no value to that, none.
Our friends to the south are a bunch of killjoys.

Does the ACC see some of that money? If so, how could they not want to hold the ACC Tourney in a place where beers are $14?? I'm sure they're $4 in Greensboro.

I still don't get why you guys buy the IPA's and such.

Dome foams/labatts till I die.

Speaking of this, has anybody figured out the sense behind a Bud Light costing $8.00 while a Blue costs $7.50? Demand? I like Blue more, so I'm not complaining, I just find it odd that a domestic costs more than an import.

Cheaper ingredients. The Labatts/Buds and such are putting rice (yes, rice) in their beers as fillers to lower alcohol. Of course they are then using fewer hops/barley/malt so there is no taste. Not that it merits those kinds of prices but as far as beer goes these micros blow the Buds/Labatts out of the water by every measurable imagineable.

Cheaper ingredients. The Labatts/Buds and such are putting rice (yes, rice) in their beers as fillers to lower alcohol. Of course they are then using fewer hops/barley/malt so there is no taste. Not that it merits those kinds of prices but as far as beer goes these micros blow the Buds/Labatts out of the water by every measurable imagineable.

Especially if you live in Vermont!

Especially if you live in Vermont!

Yup! One of the few pluses about Ohio. Great Lakes, FatHeads, Brew Kettle, Columbus, Rhinegeist (Cincy)...all good. FatHeads, Brew Kettle, and Columbus especially have been cleaning up at the prestigious Great American Beer Festivals lately.

Yup! One of the few pluses about Ohio. Great Lakes, FatHeads, Brew Kettle, Columbus, Rhinegeist (Cincy)...all good. FatHeads, Brew Kettle, and Columbus especially have been cleaning up in at the prestigious Great American Beer Festivals lately.

Working a half-hour from the Alchemist is fantastic. So many options.

Ohio has great ones as well!

Speaking of this, has anybody figured out the sense behind a Bud Light costing $8.00 while a Blue costs $7.50? Demand? I like Blue more, so I'm not complaining, I just find it odd that a domestic costs more than an import.

London Ontario is closer than St. Louis?

Better taste (there is actual taste) and more bang for your buck. Gimme the $12 IPA over the $9 Bud.

I would pound the Labatts if they were half the price, however :)

Buds are garbage, bad mode of comparison. I'd spend for the IPA over buying a bud.

Working a half-hour from the Alchemist is fantastic. So many options.

Ohio has great ones as well!

That's awesome. I wish they would export to NYC. Been dying to try a Heady for a long time.