Begrudging Respect from a Foe | Syracusefan.com

Begrudging Respect from a Foe

HtownOrange

Living Legend
I post on a Big East forum and several posters were congratulating us for the win. Naturally, a Rutgers fan was upset and made negative comments. I let them pass as water under a bridge. However, I was curious to see what other Rutgers fans were thinking.

I was surprised to see a few RU fans offering begrudging respect:

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=161274733&mid=161274733&sid=988&style=2

And a few good comments for Marrone:

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=161277552&mid=161277552&sid=988&style=2

(remove the space in "rivals")

Rest assured, some posters were still so anti-Orange that they could not recognize good football when they see it, but from a fanbase built on the fantasy that playing the weakest schedule possible and claiming the wins as great victories, I thought this was a little improvement in general CFB fandom.

Also, this thread has a couple gems:

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=161271642&mid=161271642&sid=988&style=2

"The question i have as I'm watching is "how the heck did we beat Syracuse this year?" I think they would kick our butt if we played them now."

"Without his private heated outhouse on the sideline, Geno Smith is human. Just add snow." (not directly related to the OP, but funny nonetheless)

Rutgers and Cuse have gone in completely opposite directions since they last played. I think we'd beat them by 3-4 TD's if we played them again right now.

Rutgers and Cuse have gone in completely opposite directions since they last played. I think we'd beat them by 3-4 TD's if we played them again right now.

Agreed.

That's what makes our 5 turnover performance all the more frustrating to think about. We gave that game away playing incompetent offensive football. I would love a rematch. They do have a strong defense, but our offense didn't show up.

Oh well. Water under the bridge. We smashed WVU in a bowl game. They gagged against a down VaTech team. The universe is back in alignment.

That's what makes our 5 turnover performance all the more frustrating to think about. We gave that game away playing incompetent offensive football. I would love a rematch. They do have a strong defense, but our offense didn't show up.

Oh well. Water under the bridge. We smashed WVU in a bowl game. They gagged against a down VaTech team. The universe is back in alignment.

Agreed. We just weren't playing well offensively back then. We played well the first two games, but stunk the next 4 offensively. The 2nd half of the season was a different story. We'd beat RU and Minn. easily now.

yea its all well and good, but don't really care what rutgers or other fans for that matter say. What truly matters is how cuse fans perceive their team. From what I've seen during this second half run, the future looks brighter than ever.

Could someone please tell Buttgirls that Marrone doesn't have a "win ceiling" at SU, and that recruiting to 'Cuse has always been light years ahead of them. They forget SU actually owns a national championship, were undefeated in '87, have had more players in the NFL than they could ever hope to over the next 50 years - and oh yeah, have actually played in BCS bowl games.

The state of new joisy is a state of delirium. Can't wait for their return to irrelevance as it will now be expedited thanks to the B1G move. They thought they were insignificant before? Wait until the state schools in that league get done b*&$ slapping their Snookie loving pathetic Situation.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Could someone please tell Buttgirls that Marrone doesn't have a "win ceiling" at SU, and that recruiting to 'Cuse has always been light years ahead of them. They forget SU actually owns a national championship, were undefeated in '87, have had more players in the NFL than they could ever hope to over the next 50 years - and oh yeah, have actually played in BCS bowl games.

The state of new joisy is a state of delirium. Can't wait for their return to irrelevance as it will now be expedited thanks to the B1G move. They thought they were insignificant before? Wait until the state schools in that league get done b*&$ slapping their Snookie loving pathetic Situation.

Let's Go Orange!!!
I noticed that too. If Zach Allen was going to Rutgers he would be a 5 star. That's why they "think" they recruit so well.

Rutgers fans aren't too bad, yes, some have absolute hatred for 'Cuse but that is to be expected. its the WVU crew that is most obnoxious, very few giving props to 'Cuse and most are blaming the Zebras.

One thing Rutgers fans keep relaying is how much better talent they have and if SU had their talent we would be way better.

Sorry, Rutgers doesn't look so talented to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom