Behanan | Syracusefan.com

Behanan

osullfam

Scout Team
That guy is a beast. In 17 minutes, he was 5-7 from the field, 7 boards (5 offensive), 1 steal. No fouls, no turnovers. Curious to know why he only got 17 minutes.

Is he the one who said they were going undefeated?

This kid is gonna be great if he's stays a couple more years. He's made his share of dumb plays this year, but you can see he's got a ton of talent.

That guy is a beast. In 17 minutes, he was 5-7 from the field, 7 boards (5 offensive), 1 steal. No fouls, no turnovers. Curious to know why he only got 17 minutes.
Just checked the Louisville board. They're discussing the same question. Apparently, he missed some defensive assignments.

Behanan is the type of post player that could be unstoppable in college when he is a junior. He isn't over weight or out of shape but he is still as strong as a bull plus he has good lift. You aren't moving him because his lower body is so strong. He does need to develop some post moves and some 1 or 2 dribble drives but the talent is there and he goes hard after the ball.

Behanan is the type of post player that could be unstoppable in college when he is a junior. He isn't over weight or out of shape but he is still as strong as a bull plus he has good lift. You aren't moving him because his lower body is so strong. He does need to develop some post moves and some 1 or 2 dribble drives but the talent is there and he goes hard after the ball.
Really don't understand Pitino only playing him 17 minutes because of defensive lapses. Especially since they were playing stall ball and needed to convert at all costs. I've always thought Pitino was over rated...hate his style of hoops.

I'm hoping that DC2 will be a similar inside threat next year as a 4. He is quite the physical specimen.

He looked to be the strongest guy on the court... I can't imagine what he grows into the next couple of years. He was unstoppable underneath.

Really don't understand Pitino only playing him 17 minutes because of defensive lapses. Especially since they were playing stall ball and needed to convert at all costs. I've always thought Pitino was over rated...hate his style of hoops.

I'm hoping that DC2 will be a similar inside threat next year as a 4. He is quite the physical specimen.
DC2 will not play at the 4 unless he loses about 60lbs. The thought of a 300lb big man chasing down shooters out on the wing of the zone is a scary sight.

jaydamn.png

I absolutely love Behanan's game.
Mason, Behanan reminds you of who from this list 1)DeJuan Blair 2)Chuck Hayes 3)Sam Clancy.

All three were classic undersized inside beast in college.

Mason, Behanan reminds you of who from this list 1)DeJuan Blair 2)Chuck Hayes 3)Sam Clancy.

Good call on all of those. I'll go with Hayes. Being a Trojan I especially liked Clancy's game. They had some good teams out there from 1999-2002 with Scalabrine, Jeff Trepagnier, Brandon Granville, Desmond Farmer, Bluthenthal, etc.

It looked like JB knows Pitino's team better than he does. SU did everything thing they could and did it pretty effectively, to counteract Siva's speed, get back on defense and stop their running game. So Pitino's strategy was to slow it down, not run and limit Behanon's time who's a real matchup problem ? If you're going to play Siva at pg why neutralize his only real asset (that I can see) his speed. Very strange coaching tactics by Pitino this year.

He reminds me of Lou Roe.

If he never makes the NBA, he would be an absolute perfect fit as the basketball player turned NFL tight end. I think he'll be playing in the NBA though...

Kid can be a rebounding machine and it's extremely odd how Pitino used him yesterday.

Good call on all of those. I'll go with Hayes. Being a Trojan I especially liked Clancy's game. They had some good teams out there from 1999-2002 with Scalabrine, Jeff Trepagnier, Brandon Granville, Desmond Farmer, Bluthenthal, etc.
The 2001 USC team that had the elite 8 run if I recall correctly was one of my favorite teams to watch.

The 2001 USC team that had the elite 8 run if I recall correctly was one of my favorite teams to watch.

Yep. I was there for that. Trepagnier could really fly around and they crushed Okl St and Kentucky in the tourney. Almost beat Duke after almost beating them in the Wooden Classic that year too, I believe. Duke had Jay Williams, Boozer, Dunleavy Jr., Battier, Nate James, etc.

It looked like JB knows Pitino's team better than he does. SU did everything thing they could and did it pretty effectively, to counteract Siva's speed, get back on defense and stop their running game. So Pitino's strategy was to slow it down, not run and limit Behanon's time who's a real matchup problem ? If you're going to play Siva at pg why neutralize his only real asset (that I can see) his speed. Very strange coaching tactics by Pitino this year.
Pitino in his presser said there are only 3 teams that he won't run with. SU, KU and UNC. He plans to go back to fast ball at the BE Tourney, and seemed relieved that he could do so,

DC2 will not play at the 4 unless he loses about 60lbs. The thought of a 300lb big man chasing down shooters out on the wing of the zone is a scary sight.

View attachment 552
Hop has had a talk with DC about losing weight from now until he reports. So far he has gone from 300 to 290. He'll be getting on the conditioning plan so that by the time fall hoop practice starts he won't be handicapped like Melo was in his freshman year under Bernie's watch.

Mike is all over this situation.

I would imagine it is because he just sits under the hoop for putbacks, has shown no other game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom