Being a 8 seed kind of worked against us | Syracusefan.com

Being a 8 seed kind of worked against us

wvlax

2nd String
Some of this is hindsight but Wake Forest is sitting pretty good (in terms of building their NCAA resume) as a 10 seed. Defeated BC last night on a neutral floor (something SU desperately needed). Now they play Virginia Tech in favorable match-up and may get a second win on a neutral floor. Personally I would of much rather play Virginia Tech than Miami.

Virginia Tech is better than Miami and plays at a faster pace of game. Miami is Virginia-lite. This was a winnable game for SU as seen by how they blew them out in January. As is the case with this year's Syracuse team, after a good game previously, the bad team that wasn't ready to play showed up.

We had a favorable matchup today, and we couldn't get it done.

Winning a game away from home is much needed on SUs NCAA resume according to many bracketologists.

This was pretty predictable. We only managed to win two 2 games away from the Carrier Dome this season (road or neutral). Two games. It doesn't much matter what the matchup is, we don't win away from the Dome.

Winning a game away from home is much needed on SUs NCAA resume according to many bracketologists.

No. Sub 200 wins in the last week are not going to change things. They don't fix holes.

All they serve as are pure nuisances. No gain, only potentially a bad loss, and then you are tired for the next game that matters.

Some of this is hindsight but Wake Forest is sitting pretty good (in terms of building their NCAA resume) as a 10 seed. Defeated BC last night on a neutral floor (something SU desperately needed). Now they play Virginia Tech in favorable match-up and may get a second win on a neutral floor. Personally I would of much rather play Virginia Tech than Miami.

Not playing to potential costs us another game today.

As the 8 seed, don't give a damn who we play. We should win in Brooklyn against a Miami. Period.

Not playing to potential costs us another game today.

As the 8 seed, don't give a damn who we play. We should win in Brooklyn against a Miami. Period.

I don't know what else anyone could have wanted. We got a mediocre team, in what was a home game for us, and we laid another egg.

I think the fateful moment was not drawing Miami in the 8-9 game but when the ACC decided to hold this year's tourney in Brooklyn instead of at the Carrier Dome.

I don't know what else anyone could have wanted. We got a mediocre team, in what was a home game for us, and we laid another egg.

I think Miami is better than mediocre, but yeah, we needed the game, they didn't, we had 99% of the crowd and we came up short. No excuses.

But it wasn't a home game. We proved early on that we couldn't win in MSG or Barclays.

I think Miami is better than mediocre, but yeah, we needed the game, they didn't, we had 99% of the crowd and we came up short. No excuses.

Miami is a middle of the pack team like we are, coming off a two game losing streak, who else did you want to play today?

But it wasn't a home game. We proved early on that we couldn't win in MSG or Barclays.

We lost one game in Nov there, not exactly a huge body of work.

If SU played in the night session I think we would have had a big pro Cuse crowd. The place is half empty for the day session. Lot's of SU alums who work in NYC would go to the night session but can't for the day session. Bad draw getting the 8/9 day game.

If SU played in the night session I think we would have had a big pro Cuse crowd. The place is half empty for the day session. Lot's of SU alums who work in NYC would go to the night session but can't for the day session. Bad draw getting the 8/9 day game.

What difference would it have made? this team can't get up for a game at any time of the day.

What difference would it have made? this team can't get up for a game at any time of the day.

Precisely. If they come ready to play ball, you're shocked which is a bad thing. That's how inconsistent they've been this season.

Miami is a middle of the pack team like we are, coming off a two game losing streak, who else did you want to play today?

Oh, I was not complaining, we can't whine about the matchup, but I do think Miami is a solid team. Doesn't mean I was complaining about having to play them, however. A game we should have won under the circumstances.

We seem to play better in front of big home crowds. So a packed Barclays rooting for Cuse might have helped wake our guys up. Maybe.

Oh, I was not complaining, we can't whine about the matchup, but I do think Miami is a solid team. Doesn't mean I was complaining about having to play them, however. A game we should have won under the circumstances.

When your the 8th seed you have to play someone good, we actually got a break, Miami gave us another shot at a top 50 win, of all the teams we could have played, Miami was the best matchup for us, and like I said, we laid an egg and couldn't get it done.

When your the 8th seed you have to play someone good, we actually got a break, Miami gave us another shot at a top 50 win, of all the teams we could have played, Miami was the best matchup for us, and like I said, we laid an egg and couldn't get it done.

I agree, bottom line is this team deserves to be left out. if we get in, great, but no one can complain about being snubbed, or about today's matchup, if we don't make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom