Being Free from Big East coaches/players - major positive | Syracusefan.com

Being Free from Big East coaches/players - major positive

Didn't want to steal Millhouse's topic but his ref post brought me down that thought process...

Granted I don't watch as many non-Cuse games, or punditry, as I used to but I don't recall hearing much about the advantage we have simply being out of the Big East. One of the reasons why JB likes zone is it brings a different look than most teams have faced which is great in a one and done. However, when facing a Cincy, you don't think Cronin was thinking about how to zone us if and when we were going to play again? Sure, he focused on Gtown but no doubt, we were a priority. How many time did Cincy's experienced guards see our zone live, or on film, over the last 2-4 years? Many. This won't happen again, esp. when there's often less than 48 hrs to prepare.

Cincy might be comparable to KSU, or USM, and the spread would be even if those three played one another. However, all it takes is one guard, maybe a frosh, not very good, etc, or a big man to have no ability to pass out of the corner trap, to not have a clue against the zone and it changes everything for them. Give me guards that cannot hit an open shot, or penetrate easily, and we now have a huge advantage 5 on 4.

Really looking forward to not playing another Big East team again, with their knowledge of what we do, the ability to clutch and grab without a foul called, etc.

Didn't want to steal Millhouse's topic but his ref post brought me down that thought process...

Granted I don't watch as many non-Cuse games, or punditry, as I used to but I don't recall hearing much about the advantage we have simply being out of the Big East. One of the reasons why JB likes zone is it brings a different look than most teams have faced which is great in a one and done. However, when facing a Cincy, you don't think Cronin was thinking about how to zone us if and when we were going to play again? Sure, he focused on Gtown but no doubt, we were a priority. How many time did Cincy's experienced guards see our zone live, or on film, over the last 2-4 years? Many. This won't happen again, esp. when there's often less than 48 hrs to prepare.

Cincy might be comparable to KSU, or USM, and the spread would be even if those three played one another. However, all it takes is one guard, maybe a frosh, not very good, etc, or a big man to have no ability to pass out of the corner trap, to not have a clue against the zone and it changes everything for them. Give me guards that cannot hit an open shot, or penetrate easily, and we now have a huge advantage 5 on 4.

Really looking forward to not playing another Big East team again, with their knowledge of what we do, the ability to clutch and grab without a foul called, etc.

West Virginia and Cinci are out there looming . . . .

West Virginia and Cinci are out there looming . . . .

True but at that point, it would be the E8 where we could only get one of them and I'm sure many sign up now for a shot at WVU or Cin in Boston to get to the FF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom