Belated Thoughts on Miami | Syracusefan.com

Belated Thoughts on Miami

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
Apologies if any of this was posted...just back from a cold trip to Hotlanta and severed from this forum. Caught the Miami thrashing of UNC, which gave rise to the following observations:

1. Shane Larkin is what we want MCW to be -- 9 assists against UNC; shoots 3s well, yet passes up a good shot for a better assist; knows when to step up and when to step back; gets all his teammates involved.
2. Larkin (Barry Larkin's son, in case you don't know) is a soph who plays beyond his years on a senior-laden team of tall and talented players (one of them is 25 years old). They can all contribute, they can shoot 3s, and they don't do stupid. Miami went 15 for 26 on 3-pt. shots; they could be one of SU's toughest opponents if matched in the NCAAs.
3. Only weakness I saw was they don't rebound well and they don't want to mix it up in the paint or shoot mid-range shots.
4. They ran UNC off the floor, starting the game with a 9-0 run and never looked back. A true beat-down (like we gave the Tar Heels in 2009-2010). Doris Burke couldn't stop gushing over Jim Laranaga, to the point where Ol' Roy and the Heels were completetly ignored. I almost felt sorry for Roy (I said ALMOST).-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom