Ben Gordon is trash | Syracusefan.com

Ben Gordon is trash

To be fair, the security guard said, “Ben Gordon? The Ben Gordon from UConvict? That you? You’re trash.” So he was kinda asking for it.

Sadly he’s on a very sick roll. Guy needs mandated mental health help, incarceration, both - something and very quick too. From last month…
Yup. There’s likely something seriously wrong. I knew a UConn student back in that 03-05 era that knew Gordon a bit, and his take on Gordon was that he was incredibly nice and incredibly dumb.

This isn’t lining up with “nice”. It’s not normal, mentally healthy behavior at all.

Wow, didn’t even realize it was all of this. Unfair to take shots at the school, IMO. He’s clearly a far different person than he was back in his college/pro playing career and clearly having mental health issues. Sad/scary stuff.
2FBED5A7-6C09-404B-9EDF-8A1D6A82EA10.jpg

So are they waiting for this guy to kill someone before they lock him up? If he is really insane put him in protective custody.
Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, when it comes to mental illness the law chooses to err on the side of personal freedom, more than public safety. Case after case of obviously disturbed individuals who’re either released after a short period, or allowed to roam free despite all the telltale signs of illness.
Having experienced this scenario with a family member, I can tell you there’s really no right answer. You can’t lock mentally ill people up for what they might do. Its why law enforcement can’t arrest a bank robber because they (a) “know” he’s a bank robber, and (b) is “likely to rob again”. They have to catch them in the act, and even then, have to release them after a time.
Mental illness is no laughing matter- wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy…or their family.

Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, when it comes to mental illness the law chooses to err on the side of personal freedom, more than public safety. Case after case of obviously disturbed individuals who’re either released after a short period, or allowed to roam free despite all the telltale signs of illness.
Having experienced this scenario with a family member, I can tell you there’s really no right answer. You can’t lock mentally ill people up for what they might do. Its why law enforcement can’t arrest a bank robber because they (a) “know” he’s a bank robber, and (b) is “likely to rob again”. They have to catch them in the act, and even then, have to release them after a time.
Mental illness is no laughing matter- wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy…or their family.
Well duh! This guy has acted out. He's demonstrated he is a criminal. Your explanation doesn't apply. BTW: YOU CAN BE ARRESTED for conspiracy to commit bank robbery.

Well duh! This guy has acted out. He's demonstrated he is a criminal. Your explanation doesn't apply. BTW: YOU CAN BE ARRESTED for conspiracy to commit bank robbery.
You don’t get it. Peace.

You mean you don't like being shown you don't know what you're talking about.
No, i just don’t feel the need to engage in an immature, pedestrian, and simplistic manner on a subject that i personally take very seriously.
This is not just some sports debate to me- and IMO, mental illness is no laughing matter to be addressed in so cavalier a fashion.
But have at it…you’re doing great.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom