Ben & Jerry jump on the Lin-Sainity train | Syracusefan.com

Ben & Jerry jump on the Lin-Sainity train

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10606526-large.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/have-you-heard/index.ssf/2012/02/ben_jerrys_name_new_flavor_aft.html

I don't particularly like their ice cream, but those guys sure know how to market.

I think Unilever bought them out a few years ago?

I don't particularly like their ice cream, but those guys sure know how to market.

I guess. I mean, I'm not going crazy over this, but it's mildly offensive.

Lychee and Fortune cookies? Dude is from NoCal, not China. I don't get the impression he had anything at all to do with this either. Did he?

It's like a SNL skit. They could come out with some flavor honoring midgets with miniature sized kit-kat pieces, and miniature 3 Musketeers, or some special Bron-Bron Ice Cream (for LeBron!!!) with tiny little chocolate covered candy pieces filled with watermelon!

"There seemed to be a bit of an initial backlash about it, but we obviously weren't looking to offend anybody and the majority of the feedback about it has been positive," Ryan Midden, Ben & Jerry's general manager for Boston and Cambridge, told the website.

I guess. I mean, I'm not going crazy over this, but it's mildly offensive.

Lychee and Fortune cookies? Dude is from NoCal, not China. I don't get the impression he had anything at all to do with this either. Did he?

It's like a SNL skit. They could come out with some flavor honoring midgets with miniature sized kit-kat pieces, and miniature 3 Musketeers, or some special Bron-Bron Ice Cream (for LeBron!!!) with tiny little chocolate covered candy pieces filled with watermelon!

"There seemed to be a bit of an initial backlash about it, but we obviously weren't looking to offend anybody and the majority of the feedback about it has been positive," Ryan Midden, Ben & Jerry's general manager for Boston and Cambridge, told the website.

You're kind of right. Fortune cookies? Really... Normally this stuff doesnt offend me and I actually get quite annoyed at the PC police but people play on his heritage like hes from outer space. Hes Taiwanese, not that big a deal. Suprised they didnt put rice in the ice cream too.

If you read the article, it says that the fortune cookies have already been replaced with Waffle pieces. I wonder who ever thought that was going to be a good idea in the first place.

If you read the article, it says that the fortune cookies have already been replaced with Waffle pieces. I wonder who ever thought that was going to be a good idea in the first place.

Yeah, I read about it they said they replaced them because they didn't hold up well in ice cream in their statement, not that they replaced them because it was a bad idea.