Ben Simmons refusal to shoot 3’s | Syracusefan.com

Ben Simmons refusal to shoot 3’s

OrangeDW

Living Legend
His coach has gone on record that he wants him to take them. It’s gotten enormous attention. It set off an NBA finals game winner level celebration in Philly when he hit his first one. This won’t go away until he starts shooting them.

So what is his deal? Is this stubbornness? Is this some kind of Rick Ankiel/Chuck Knoblauch/Mackey Sasser/etc. mental block? Is it as simple as he’s never done it in the past so he just doesn’t ever do it on instinct? Like a muscle memory thing? If they called a set play designed solely for him to shoot a 3, would he? Have they tried?

What are your thoughts here?

Last edited:
I mean, it's hilarious. Most basketball players are TOTALLY COOL when the coach tells them to shoot it more. Not many guys need to even be told to do that.

I'd love it if they got serious about it and called the first ten plays of a game to be Simmons threes with clear instructions that nobody else takes a shot at all.

It's absolutely infuriating. The 6ers will never win a championship because of it. And he doesn't even need to shoot a high percentage he just has to shoot them period. That will open up so many things.

But all Philly fans just accept it and love him despite the fact he is the reason they won't win anything. I've even heard some say they would keep him over Embiid LOL.

Most overrated athlete in sports

His coach has gone on record that he wants him to take them. It’s gotten enormous attention. It set off an NBA finals game winner level celebration in Philly when he hit his first one. This won’t go away until he starts shooting them.

So what is his deal? Is this stubbornness? Is this some kind of Rick Ankiel/Chuck Knoblauch/Mackey Sasser/etc. mental block? Is it as simple as he’s never done it in the past so he just doesn’t ever do it on instinct? Like a muscle memory thing? If they called a set play designed solely for him to shoot a 3, would he? Have they tried?

What are your thoughts here?
Got to think it's mental. Once he ever starts shooting and hitting them more often, he will be that much more dangerous as his current strength is his middle range game and driving/finishing ability near the rim. Poor shooters certainly can improve with the right coaching/technique and player patience/willingness to work on it. Him not being a great outside shooter for now is fine by me being a Celtics fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom