Bernards High School Wins NJ Group 1 State Championship | Syracusefan.com

Bernards High School Wins NJ Group 1 State Championship

Faegan

All Conference
Great news in NJ today.

Cole Kirst's youngest brother Caden plays for Bernards High School - and BHS won the Group 1 state championship in NJ today.

I think many or even most of the people on the board know the history of Cole's Dad Kyle passing away early from a heart attack.

Now BHS moves on to the Kirst Cup - the newly minted replacement for the NJ Tournament of Champions, which is obviously named after Kyle.

So Kyle's own son Caden will be in net to contend for the second ever Kirst Cup. Kyle was himself a goalie at Rutgers, where Caden will head to next season. That means all 5 of Kyle's sons will have played D-1 lax.

I went to BHS and was talked into coaching my son's team by Kyle and a few other guys in the local lacrosse club. I was head of it when Kyle passed away. This is an incredible accomplishment for all of these kids - and the community - who have all rallied around this wonderful family for the last several years.

Hopefully this team shocks the state and takes home the cup!

Faegan , Thank you for post. Bosco just had to opt out of that tournament due to numerous scheduling conflicts . Traditional power Summit is now top seed in the Kirst tournament but I think Bernards has a good shot at winning which would be a storybook ending. Ill be rooting for your alma mater as many in NJ will . The Kirst boys are all great kids and players, their dad was a wonderful man and they honor him and their mom with their outstanding character . Very happy that CJ is returning to Cornell for his fourth year of play instead of being forced by IVY to play elsewhere . Best of luck to them and your community at large.

Faegan , Thank you for post. Bosco just had to opt out of that tournament due to numerous scheduling conflicts . Traditional power Summit is now top seed in the Kirst tournament but I think Bernards has a good shot at winning which would be a storybook ending. Ill be rooting for your alma mater as many in NJ will . The Kirst boys are all great kids and players, their dad was a wonderful man and they honor him and their mom with their outstanding character . Very happy that CJ is returning to Cornell for his fourth year of play instead of being forced by IVY to play elsewhere . Best of luck to them and your community at large.
Thank you, laxsummit! How great is it that Summit and BHS are both in the cup? Almost poetic to have the home town team where his boys developed and the school where Kyle coached in the tournament together.