Bernie Fine drops suit against ESPN according to this... | Syracusefan.com

Bernie Fine drops suit against ESPN according to this...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dylan Segelbaum@Dylan_Segelbaum7m
#BREAKING: Bernie Fine has dropped his $11 million lawsuit against ESPN, according to court documents filed today. @dailyorange

Interesting to see that. I wonder if they settled out of court for anything. Marc Schwartz is still a scumbag.
Doubt it. Bernie couldn't win the depo. He would be forced to answer questions he wouldn't want to answer under oath.

Not surprised. Wonder what LF will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#BREAKING: Bernie Fine has dropped his $11 million lawsuit against ESPN, according to court documents filed today. @dailyorange

Interesting to see that. I wonder if they settled out of court for anything. Marc Schwartz is still a scumbag.
I hope Bernie can find a way to get ahold of his life once again. He was shafted.:bang:

espn made a statment, they couldnt say anything because of LF's suit, but they did say that there was not a settlement

there was a behind the scene settlement, no way bernie did not walk away with something

Doubt it. Bernie couldn't win the depo. He would be forced to answer questions he wouldn't want to answer under oath.
I'd guess money played a role too. Litigation is expensive.

absolutely money did, make no mistake there was a settlement, trust me

absolutely money did, make no mistake there was a settlement, trust me
I'd expect it in the court order dismissing the suit if there was a settlement.

any way to access that?
No idea in ny. No idea what procedural move they made, but if I was stipulating and settling I'd like the court to recognize it so they could enforce it.

there was a behind the scene settlement, no way bernie did not walk away with something
No. Way too early for a settlement. The lawsuit is the perfect example of a perjury trap for Bernie. He could say nothing ever happened under oath and than be tried for commitiing perjury. Even if he is telling the truth. That is why lawyers sometimes have their clients take a contempt charge rather than testify. Even if they are telling the truth.

Which leads me to believe Bernie got zippo...
You are undoubtedly correct.
Had their been a settlement the lawsuit would have been dismissed WITH prejudice.
That requirement would certainly be part of any deal.

But there is NO CHANCE that ESPN would EVER settle this on the known facts.
ZERO.
NONE.

Look for Laurie Fine's litigation to similarly disappear.