Best Antivirus Software? | Syracusefan.com

Best Antivirus Software?

Franz69

All Conference
I've been using Kaspersky for years with no problems, but they are now banned in the US. They want me to switch to their partner, UltraAV. The company that was working with Kaspersky here in the US wants me to switch to BitDefender. Any recommendations for either of these two or something else like Norton? I'd like something that offers extra protection for financial websites; banking, trading, etc.

Thanks!

Norton has turned into an infomercial.

They'll do a scan, tell you everything that needs attention, then they want to sell you an upgraded software package that will "fix" all your issues.

Most companies dont even use software any more they just let the default windows stuff do the work.

Norton has turned into an infomercial.

They'll do a scan, tell you everything that needs attention, then they want to sell you an upgraded software package that will "fix" all your issues.
That has definitely been my experience w Norton in the last couple years.

I know it’s no longer true that Macs don’t get viruses, but I’ve never had any issues.

I've been using Kaspersky for years with no problems, but they are now banned in the US. They want me to switch to their partner, UltraAV. The company that was working with Kaspersky here in the US wants me to switch to BitDefender. Any recommendations for either of these two or something else like Norton? I'd like something that offers extra protection for financial websites; banking, trading, etc.

Thanks!
I left Norton about 3 months ago after using for ~15 years. I got tired of the constant upselling of other products and intrusive ads. I have been using BitDefender free version which is okay - it also has ads but less than Norton. I have have done a lot of research and concluded that Microsoft Defender is adequate on its own and I will no longer be paying for an antivirus program. Best of luck.

I also have an M2 MacBook Pro and my wife has an M3 MacBook Air. We both only use the native MacOS antivirus. The best antivirus prevention is the person sitting at the keyboard. Only click on links that you understand, I.e. what they are and the risk involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom