Best Closing Scene | Syracusefan.com

Best Closing Scene

moqui

generational talent
the second thread inspired by Jekelish's post in the Best Commercials thread:

I nominate the closing battle scene in Last of the Mohicans. I've been crying over the death of Uncas since I first read the novel in grade school, and the final scene in Michael Mann's version brings all that emotion to the surface.

I love Last of the Mohicans for so many reasons, not the least of which is that scene. I always love when that movie is on TV and have often tried to time my time on the treadmill to coincide with the final 30 minutes, because when Promontory starts up and that final scene takes place, it gives you a giant boost of adrenaline. Same can be said for the training montage in Rocky II.

And I've also had a soft spot for Mohicans ever since I was a kid and we visited Fort William Henry almost every summer when also going to The Great Escape amusement park, and there was one room in FWH that played the old black and white version of Mohicans on a loop all day.

Shawshank. I watched the last 30 minutes 5 times when I saw it for the first time.

Shawshank. I watched the last 30 minutes 5 times when I saw it for the first time.

I have a feeling i'm going to get owned for this. But I've never seen shawshank. I need to see it.

I have a feeling i'm going to get owned for this. But I've never seen shawshank. I need to see it.

Ouch...I will give you a pass if you rent it immediately. Actually just buy it. I was completely blown away the first time I saw it. Literally floored.

Had a buddy tell me that last summer... We instantly closed our tabs at the bar and went to my house to watch it.

Stop what you're doing now, and go watch it

Had a buddy tell me that last summer... We instantly closed our tabs at the bar and went to my house to watch it.

Stop what you're doing now, and go watch it

I actually want a review after he has watched it.

I remember when I rented it (as I didnt see it in the theatre). The girl at blockbuster said to my wife and I at the counter "awesome ing movie". I knew we would enjoy it after we left there.

I actually want a review after he has watched it.

I remember when I rented it (as I didnt see it in the theatre). The girl at blockbuster said to my wife and I at the counter "awesome movie". I knew we would enjoy it after we left there.

It's been on AMC (I think) for the last couple nights. I had to tell me wife she was SOL when she said she didn't wanna watch it because it was half way through when I put it on

I forgot you cant swear on this board. The girl actually said to us "awesome fu cking movie"

just don't tell us what happened after your friend got you drunk & took you home to watch prison movies . . .

It's been on AMC (I think) for the last couple nights. I had to tell me wife she was SOL when she said she didn't wanna watch it because it was half way through when I put it on

Just ordered it in Blu-Ray. I suspect to have a review on it this weekend.

I have watched that movie somewhere on the order of 100 times at this point. My fingers immediately lose all feeling when I'm flipping through the channels and come across Shawshank, regardless of where in the movie it is or what I have going on in my life.

Just ordered it in Blu-Ray. I suspect to have a review on it this weekend.

You will really enjoy it. After the discussion on the board last night about it, I flipped on AMC and it was on. Freaking was up until 2AM because I couldnt stop watching.

Don't watch it on TV if you can avoid it. They cut out way too much, and most of it isn't even that bad. It's so random what they let in and chop out.

I have to say the end fight in The Avengers
The end in Deuces Wild
Supertroopers

Just off the top of my head...

I have to say the end fight in The Avengers
The end in Deuces Wild
Supertroopers

Just off the top of my head...
I have to call into question your taste in movies when you mention Deuces Wild, a film I had actually completely forgotten existed.

I have to call into question your taste in movies when you mention Deuces Wild, a film I had actually completely forgotten existed.

I figured someone would say something about that one...It's not the best movie but the end/closing scene is pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom