Best fan bases in college basketball | Syracusefan.com

Best fan bases in college basketball

images

Now we know what Jeff B. was thinking about while he sat on the toilet today. That's about how much analytic thought went into his ranking. Joke.

How often do you think Kansas fans think, "man, if only we had the support that Texas does for our basketball team..."?

haaaaa. oh UT. when they were good, there was a slight buzz around. Still couldn't fill up the dump that is the Erwin Center. Horrible venue all-around. UT fans are amongst the worst in college athletics, imo. there are a ton of them during football season, and then they disappear right after they lose to OU every year. Only to be seen again the next August.

Weber State or Adios, but here's the key:

This, according to a new study from the Emory Sports Marketing Analytics, which measured fan base as “a school's men's basketball revenue relative to the team's performance.”

Now we know what Jeff B. was thinking about while he sat on the toilet today. That's about how much analytic thought went into his ranking. Joke.

It isn't his ranking. It's by something called "Emory Sports Marketing Analytics" and it only takes into account revenue, which doesn't remotely measure how good a fanbase is. But yes, the ranking is a joke.

if they used 'how many home courts/arenas does a school have?'...then its Syracuse in a landslide.

1. Carrier Dome
2. MSG
3. whtever theyre calling georgetowns arena
4. the Rock
5. the Donut
6. wherever usf plays
7. Atlantic City Convention Center
8. Knickerbocker Arena

those representing the guaranteed home court advantage. im sure i forgot a few...

Oh Lord

if they used 'how many home courts/arenas does a school have?'...then its Syracuse in a landslide.

1. Carrier Dome
2. MSG
4. the Rock
5. the Donut
6. wherever usf plays
8. Knickerbocker Arena

those representing the guaranteed home court advantage. im sure i forgot a few...

Oh Lord

Depaul, Buffalo, Albany

Depaul, Buffalo, Albany
when have they played in Buffalo recently? but yeah, id assume it would be pro-Orange. depaul, interesting...makes sense.

Albany=Knickerbocker Arena

Totally subjective when you measure it based on revenues v performance when factoring in "down years". We don't experience DOWN YEARS!

when have they played in Buffalo recently? but yeah, id assume it would be pro-Orange. depaul, interesting...makes sense.

Albany=Knickerbocker Arena

oops on albany.

we played in buffalo in 2010 ncaa 1st 2 rounds (1 seed with wes) and an early season game when paul harris was on the team iirc.

I added one to your list

1. Carrier Dome
2. MSG
4. the Rock
5. the Donut
6. wherever usf plays
8. Knickerbocker Arena
9. PNC arena (formerly known as RBC center in Raleigh where NC State plays)

Oh Lord

I lost all respect for the article when the guy can't even get which # Arkansas was, right. And BTW, Arkansas? Seriously? Basketball? What?

I lost all respect for the article when the guy can't even get which # Arkansas was, right. And BTW, Arkansas? Seriously? Basketball? What?
They play in a 20,000 seat arena and average 13,000. I guess the Waltons donating all the Wal Mart money makes their fanbase awesome.