Best lb for lb player | Syracusefan.com

Best lb for lb player

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Lady (daughter of a Kansas player back in the 50s) at the gold course asks me who is the best lb for lb BB player. With 4 seconds of thought I throw out Calvin Murphy and Nate Archibald. She thinks it is Allen Iverson. Dumb question but interesting to think about.

Spud Webb? Mugsy? Lebron? Not sure I understand the question.

Last edited:
Gotta love something truly original...like this question that has never before been asked in the history of basketball.
(And for good reason).

But the answer is Spud Webb.
He was the biggest lightweight in NBA history at 133 pounds...but won a slam dunk contest by beating out Michael Jordan and Dominique Wilkins.

I think Michael Jordan is the best pound for pound basketball player to be honest. Next closest is probably like Jerry West. I don't think anyone else that's been mentioned in this thread is remotely close.

I don't know exactly what this means, but after reading the title of the thread the first player who popped into my head was that tiny guy on Eastern Michigan who beat us in the Carrier Classic in 1998 or 1999.

Not exactly a fun memory.

I don't know exactly what this means, but after reading the title of the thread the first player who popped into my head was that tiny guy on Eastern Michigan who beat us in the Carrier Classic in 1998 or 1999.

Not exactly a fun memory.

Earl Boykins?

Jordan very obvious. Thinking of either small guys who played big, or super skinny big guys who played well. I'm nominating Teyshawn Prince who weighs in at a whopping 212 lbs vs. 216 for Jordan.

103AB7E1-AD8C-4773-BE7D-F6A5787141C5.jpeg

Iverson weighed 160 lbs and has the 7th highest per game scoring average in league history, and 2nd best all-time in playoff history. How can it be anyone but him?

Because the question wasn't asked who is the best small player, it's P4P, so how can it be anyone but Jordan?

Because the question wasn't asked who is the best small player, it's P4P, so how can it be anyone but Jordan?

Iverson was an 11x All-Star, 7x All-NBA player, first ballot Hall of Famer, elite scorer, and is the smallest player in league history ever to win league MVP. And he weighed 50 lbs less than MJ. That's why I consider him the best pound-for-pound player ever. He had the body of a high school kid and he accomplished all of this.

Iverson was an 11x All-Star, 7x All-NBA player, first ballot Hall of Famer, elite scorer, and is the smallest player in league history ever to win league MVP. And he weighed 50 lbs less than MJ. That's why I consider him the best pound-for-pound player ever. He had the body of a high school kid and he accomplished all of this.

So Jordan's accomplishments are discredited because he weighed 30-40lbs more than Iverson?