Best moment of the game | Syracusefan.com

Best moment of the game

Was Gillon's wink to the crowd in the first row under the basket when they tied it up.

Kid's got onions.

I think that was a not so subtle poke at Smith Jr. who appeared to do the same thing earlier in the game. Maybe at the same person.

Somebody want to buy me a good ticket to the Virginia game? I will wear a Virginia jersey (eww) and talk trash to him all game if it means he keeps playing like this.
EDIT: I am not sure what VA smack talk is though "Your mother didn't do well on her SAT's."???

Is it just me, or did it seem like Lydon was yelling at Gillon a bunch the last two games?

Is it just me, or did it seem like Lydon was yelling at Gillon a bunch the last two games?

Was probably telling him to keep shooting and winning us games.

Obviously, that kind of epic performance was a game of lifetime. But I think there's some validity to what you suggest--Gillon is at his best when he's scoring AND passing. Not that he's going to get 21/11 every game [like he did against FSU, for example], but the team needs him to be a scoring factor, not a passive distributor who doesn't do much when he's out there. We need him to score, and when he does it has a positive correlation to the rest of his game and his impact for the team.

It seems like, and this is just what I see on my TV screen, Lydon is telling him to cut the screens closer. That's one of the reasons he's actually open for those shots now.

It seems like, and this is just what I see on my TV screen, Lydon is telling him to cut the screens closer. That's one of the reasons he's actually open for those shots now.
Agree. Lydon wants to set the screen to either free up JG, or to roll for a wide open 3 himself. Gillon running too far off of Lydon on the pick does not allow his defender to get rubbed off. He knows that JG can either get a wide open 3, can zoom into the lane or can free himself up for a look on nearly every occasion IF a solid enough screen gets set. He needs JG to help with that too.

Obviously, that kind of epic performance was a game of lifetime. But I think there's some validity to what you suggest--Gillon is at his best when he's scoring AND passing. Not that he's going to get 21/11 every game [like he did against FSU, for example], but the team needs him to be a scoring factor, not a passive distributor who doesn't do much when he's out there. We need him to score, and when he does it has a positive correlation to the rest of his game and his impact for the team.

JG is at his best when not forcing junk in the lane. When he's either looking to pass or dribble back out when nothing is there, it makes our O much better. When he forces wild layups, it's ugly and ineffective. He also has to look for his 3-ball more, IMO, because if it's there, he can't hesitate. I know it's tougher for him to get clean looks because he's 5'10" with a set shot, so he has to pick those attempts, but when a guard is 3-5 feet off him, he can get it up.

when both announcers in unison yelled OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when gillon buried the 3 to tie it up.

LOL! That was a great moment. I think they were disappointed.

Funny. I caught it while watching live. Although I did have to rewind for my wife to see it. I have far more TV training than she does...

Pic of the wink:

gillon_moxie.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom