Best Recruiting Class Since? | Syracusefan.com

Best Recruiting Class Since?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Including the two transfers, when was the last time we had a recruiting class like this?

Two 4-stars from NY, two 4-star transfers, another 4-star WR from DC, plus a host of others with P5 offers.

Amazing what this staff has done - can’t wait to see how it does with success on the field.

Here are the recruiting grades, from 2000, on. Without the transfers, we're at 85, and the lowest graded recruits are better than 15 years of averages... Add the 4 star transfers? Yeah. Pretty darn good.

2000: .719
2001: .715
2003: .79
2004: .77
2005: .79
2006: .79
2007: .81
2008: .80
2008: .80
2009: .80
2010: .82
2011: .80
2012: .81
2013: .81
2014: .82
2015: .82

Last edited:
Texas A&M.

Gig 'em Aggies.

Must be a Texas colloquialism. I don't hear a lot of "Gig 'em" in Jersey. And what, may I ask, does it mean to "Gig" someone? I'm familiar with gig as a noun, not a verb. Does it mean, like "get him" or something like that?

I just looked it up. Weird. I guess college sports is full of strange traditions. Although, back in earlier times, a win over Texas would get the Aggies a trip to the Chicken Ranch. As a college football player, that's a tradition I could get behind, so to speak. :cool:
Since Babers says we are Ohana I would like to have the team do the Haka. ;)

I just looked it up. Weird. I guess college sports is full of strange traditions. Although, back in earlier times, a win over Texas would get the Aggies a trip to the Chicken Ranch. As a college football player, that's a tradition I could get behind, so to speak. :cool:
Guess you weren't around when we played them in the hoops NCAAs, GMac's "10 $&%-ing games year". Their cheerleaders had LED necklace/signs that said Gig'em Aggies. Kinda weird.

Guess you weren't around when we played them in the hoops NCAAs, GMac's "10 $&%-ing games year". Their cheerleaders had LED necklace/signs that said Gig'em Aggies. Kinda weird.

I was around, just don't recall seeing it.

A family member of mine married into an Aggie family. Sometimes it seems you can’t make a reference to your college years or college football without them bringing up another one of their traditions. I’m not sure if it’s awesome or a bizarre cult.

Perspective. With the 5 you posted, and maybe another coming in... Not too far off. Don't think the transfers count, but it's good to be closing in. Has there every been a year where 6? 4 stars were added to the team?(dunno)

Last edited:
guess their basketball cheerleaders are of the more normal variety - for football they just have 4 guys dressed up like 1950s gas station attendants with towels hanging out of their pockets that they take out and wave around to start the weird cheers they've all practiced together - it's bizarre

Perspective. With the 5 you posted, and maybe another coming in... Not too far off. Don't think the transfers count, but it's good to be closing in. Has there every been a year where 6? 4 stars we're added to the team?(dunno)
Thanks. That was exactly the point. We aren't that far off from some of those listed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom