Best team | Syracusefan.com

Best team

• Total voters

Husky Fan

Walk On
I hope am not the only one when I say that there is no best team this year. I think the orange are the most complete. But there is no clear cut best IMHO. So who do you think the best team is?

Michigan.

I don't think we're the most complete team by any means. I actually don't see us making it past the Sweet 16. And I've been pretty optimistic the last few years.

If you don't think we are making it past the sweet 16, who do you think is?

Michigan.

I don't think we're the most complete team by any means. I actually don't see us making it past the Sweet 16. And I've been pretty optimistic the last few years.
Just enjoy the run!

If you don't think we are making it past the sweet 16, who do you think is?

Why do I need to validate my opinion by naming eight other teams, some of which would be arbitrary? When I watched games in 2003, 2010 and last year, I felt like I was watching a potential Final Four team. I just don't feel that way with this year's squad.

Having said that, I didn't feel that way about the 1996 team either. I distinctly remember watching a game with some friends in Day Hall in February and talking about how great next year's team was going to be with our amazing recruiting class. A little over a month later, I was driving down to Jersey with those some guys.

So you never know. If we get a great draw or if we face a double-digit seed in the Sweet 16, then obviously I'll feel better about our chances. But I think there are too many concerns to be confident we'll make the Elite Eight regardless of our opponent.

I don't think our offense is very good. I think MCW's top priority is making the NBA, even if it's to the detriment of the team. I think that both he and Triche are above average free throw shooters who tend to choke at the line when it matters most. I think Keita is too weak, Christmas is too nice and Coleman is too raw. I'm not sure Southerland will be back and I know we need him. I don't know what to think about Cooney.

And I don't think the fact that this is a down year for college hoops and that there's so much parity is enough of a reason to pencil us into the Elite Eight or beyond. Just the opposite.

Michigan.

So you can't see us beating a team ranked #14-18 (at best) in a neutral court setting? Maybe I'm crazy, but I can see us beating Oregon or New Mexico in Philly.

Umm nothing, just enjoy the run?

I enjoyed the run as much as anyone in 1996. And I didn't think the Cardinals would win the World Series in 2006 and 2011 (didn't even see them making the playoffs in '11), but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the run. I probably enjoyed those two championships more than when the Rams won the Super Bowl, which I was expecting for most of that season.

I didn't realize the only way to be a true fan is to also be a homer.

So you can't see us beating a team ranked #14-18 (at best) in a neutral court setting? Maybe I'm crazy, but I can see us beating Oregon or New Mexico in Philly.

I don't think we'll be the #1 seed in the East either.

I enjoyed the run as much as anyone in 1996. And I didn't think the Cardinals would win the World Series in 2006 and 2011 (didn't even see them making the playoffs in '11), but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the run. I probably enjoyed those two championships more than when the Rams won the Super Bowl, which I was expecting for most of that season.

Not a homer
Oh geez

I know I just throw crap out and hope it sticks.

I don't think we'll be the #1 seed in the East either.
That's fine; I think our worst case scenario right now is a 2 in the West. Still, all we'd have to do to advance past the Sweet 16 is beat a team ranked around #15 on a neutral court. We might be playing awful right now, but I'd still like our chances to move on.

That's fine; I think our worst case scenario right now is a 2 in the West. Still, all we'd have to do to advance past the Sweet 16 is beat a team ranked around #15 on a neutral court. We might be playing awful right now, but I'd still like our chances to move on.

What if that team was Michigan St. or Arizona?

What if that team was Michigan St. or Arizona?
MSU hasn't been good at all.

Arizona is a fringe top 12 a worst, which puts them at a 3 seed. Regardless, if a team is a 5 seed, they're that way for a reason, this wouldn't be Kansas.

If Florida is the best team I'm not scared of anyone this year. Their losses are comparable to ours.

Have you been following Temple?

No way on earth is a combo of Arizona and K State comparable to Nova and Temple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom