BET Projections Vol 11 - The Final Season | Syracusefan.com

BET Projections Vol 11 - The Final Season

Marsh01

Living Legend
Couple of changes tonight. Louisville officially clinches the 3rd double bye. The last spot goes to Pittsburgh with a win over DePaul.

Cincinnati falls all the way to 10th with the loss. Providence moves to the 8 spot and St. Johns moves to the 9 spot.

TUESDAY MARCH 12
7:00 ESPNU - #12 SETON HALL VS. #13 SOUTH FLORIDA
9:30 ESPNU - #11 RUTGERS VS. #14 DEPAUL

WEDNESDAY MARCH 13

NOON ESPN - #8 PROVIDENCE VS. #9 ST. JOHNS
2:30 ESPN - #5 SYRACUSE VS. #12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER
7:00 ESPN2 - #7 VILLANOVA VS. #10 CINCINNATI
9:30 ESPN - #6 NOTRE DAME VS. #11 RUTGERS/#14 DEPAUL WINNER

THURSDAY MARCH 14

NOON ESPN - #1 GEORGETOWN VS. #8 PROVIDENCE/#9 ST. JOHNS WINNER
2:30 ESPN - #4 PITTSBURGH VS. #5 SYRACUSE/#12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER
7:00 ESPN - #2 LOUISVILLE VS. #7 VILLANOVA/#10 CINCINNATI WINNER
9:30 ESPN - #3 MARQUETTE VS. #6 NOTRE DAME/#11 RUTGERS/#14 DEPAUL WINNER

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 ON ESPN FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 ON ESPN ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH

NOTE: WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT

CURRENT STANDINGS AND REMAINING GAMES

1. GEORGETOWN 13-3 (@ VILLANOVA, SYRACUSE)
2. LOUISVILLE 13-4 (NOTRE DAME)
3. MARQUETTE 12-4 (@ RUTGERS, @ ST. JOHNS)
4. PITTSBURGH 11-6 (@ DEPAUL)
5. SYRACUSE 10-6 (DEPAUL, @ GEORGETOWN)
6. NOTRE DAME 10-6 (ST. JOHNS, @ LOUISVILLE)

( 9-7)
7. VILLANOVA 9-7
8. PROVIDENCE 8-8
9. ST. JOHNS 8-8
10. CINCINNATI 8-9
11. RUTGERS 4-12
12. SETON HALL 3-13
13. SOUTH FLORIDA 2-14
14. DEPAUL 2-14

our road to the big east title will most likely be seton hall, pitt, gtown, lville.

yikes !!

our road to the big east title will most likely be seton hall, pitt, gtown, lville.

yikes !!

Make it through that and combine with a win @ F Gtown and people will be talking 1 seed again (but probably 2).

Syracuse vs. Georgetown, Friday night in the BET semi-finals, in the last season of the Big East? Yes please
So much for me scalpin a $100 ticket. haha

I will thank him when he adds the traditional color coding!;)

Thats coming tonight. I was going to pull it out of the archives for some good mojo tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syracuse vs. Georgetown, Friday night in the BET semi-finals, in the last season of the Big East? Yes please
Gtown has to beat two desperate teams this week for that to happen

Honestly, if I am UConn and this is the last year of the actual BET as we know I just show up to MSG in my gear and go on the court. The scene of the BE officials/police removing them would be priceless and worth admission. I honestly can't believe UConn has been screwed to this degree and the Catholic 7 who are leaving are not realizing this and throwing UConn a bone as it wouldn't matter if they won the automatic bid anyway. The Big East is getting 7 or 8 teams depending on Cincy and Villanova and its not like UConn's inclusion would matter. I actually feel bad for them only because the Catholic 7 are leaving this year as well and the Big East is RIP after this year's BET.

Honestly, if I am UConn and this is the last year of the actual BET as we know I just show up to MSG in my gear and go on the court. The scene of the BE officials/police removing them would be priceless and worth admission. I honestly can't believe UConn has been screwed to this degree and the Catholic 7 who are leaving are not realizing this and throwing UConn a bone as it wouldn't matter if they won the automatic bid anyway. The Big East is getting 7 or 8 teams depending on Cincy and Villanova and its not like UConn's inclusion would matter. I actually feel bad for them only because the Catholic 7 are leaving this year as well and the Big East is RIP after this year's BET.

I feel no sadness.

it would matter if they beat Cincy or Nova, hence knocking them out of the NCAA tournament, or beating Pitt/Cuse/Gtown/LVille/ND/Marquette affecting their seeding

it would matter if they beat Cincy or Nova, hence knocking them out of the NCAA tournament, or beating Pitt/Cuse/Gtown/LVille/ND/Marquette affecting their seeding
I don't like UConn, but honestly for what has transpired in the last few months with Pitt, SU, and the Catholic 7 all leaving this is the last Big East Tournament throw the Puppies a bone. SU is going to end up from a 3 to 6 seed no matter what happens in MSG. In 1993 when SU was on probation we were allowed in the BET and made it to the finals of the tournament before losing to Seton Hall.

Can you imagine if we lose to the Hoyas twice in the regular season and then pop them in the BET semis. That would be priceless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom