BET Projections Vol 13.0 | Syracusefan.com

BET Projections Vol 13.0

Marsh01

Living Legend
Well tonight was a complete nightmare situation for Uconn. Losing on the road to a really poor Providence team coupled with West Virginia beating hapless DePaul means that it looks like Uconn will have to duplicate what they did last year to grab another Big East tournament title.​
Good news for Syracuse fans if you did not want to see Uconn in the 8/9 game as with a win over South Florida WVU will clinch the 8 seed meaning Uconn will once again be playing on Tuesday. Right now against Providence if the standings hold.​
Uconn in NO WAY is a lock for the NCAA's with 10 conference losses. U-C-O-N-N!!! Ha!!!​
FIRST ROUND - TUESDAY MARCH 6TH
AFTERNOON SESSION
#9 WEST VIRGINIA VS. #16 DEPAUL (NOON - ESPN2)
#12 RUTGERS VS. #13 PITTSBURGH (2:30 ESPN2)
NIGHT SESSION
#10 UCONN VS. #15 PROVIDENCE (7:00 ESPNU)
#11 ST. JOHNS VS. #14 VILLANOVA (9:30 ESPNU)
#9 WEST VIRGINIA - #16 DEPAUL WINNER VS. #8 SETON HALL (NOON ESPN)
#12 RUTGERS- #13 PITTSBURGH WINNER VS. #5 SOUTH FLORIDA (2:30 ESPN)
NIGHT SESSION
#10 UCONN - #15 PROVIDENCE WINNER VS. #7 LOUISVILLE (7:00 ESPN)
#11 ST. JOHNS - #14 VILLANOVA WINNER VS. #6 CINCINNATI (9:30 ESPN)
#9 WEST VIRGINIA - #16 DEPAUL - #8 SETON HALL WINNER VS. #1 SYRACUSE (NOON ESPN)
#12 RUTGERS - #13 PITTSBURGH- #5 SOUTH FLORIDA VS. #4 NOTRE DAME (2:30 ESPN)
NIGHT SESSION
#10 UCONN - #15 PROVIDENCE - #7 LOUISVILLE WINNER VS #2 MARQUETTE (7:00 ESPN)
#11 ST. JOHNS- # 14 VILLANOVA - #6 CINCINNATI WINNER VS. #3 GEORGETOWN (9:30 ESPN)
This week’s games in conference:
Wednesday
Marquette @ Cincinnati (7:00)​
USF @ Louisville (7:00)​
St. Johns @ Pittsburgh (7:00)​
Thursday
Villanova @ Rutgers (9:00)​
Friday
Providence @ Notre Dame (9:00)​
Saturday
West Virginia @ USF (Noon)​
Pittsburgh @ Uconn (Noon)​
Cincinnati @ Villanova (2:00)​
Georgetown @ Marquette (2:00)​
Louisville @ Syracuse (4:00)​
Seton Hall @ DePaul (6:00)​
St. Johns @ Rutgers (8:00)​
CONFERENCE STANDINGS
1. SYRACUSE 16-1
2. MARQUETTE 13-3
3. GEORGETOWN 12-5
4. NOTRE DAME 12-5 DOUBLE BYE INTO THURSDAYS QUARTERFINALS
5. SOUTH FLORIDA 11-5
6. CINCINNATI 10-6
7. LOUISVILLE 10-6
8. SETON HALL 8-9 SINGLE BYE INTO WEDNESDAYS ROUND
9. WEST VIRGINIA 8-9
10. UCONN 7-10
11.ST. JOHNS 6-10
12. RUTGERS 5-11
13. PITTSBURGH 4-12
14. VILLANOVA 4-12
15. PROVIDENCE 4-13
16. DEPAUL 2-15

Do you know who has the tiebreaker if uconn and w, va both finish 8-10? and if seton hall joins them at 8-10?

Do you know who has the tiebreaker if uconn and w, va both finish 8-10? and if seton hall joins them at 8-10?

8. Seton Hall
9. Uconn
10. West Virginia

The Hall plays DePaul so that pretty much eliminates the 3 way tie.

Louisville-Providence will be an interesting matchup on Wednesday.

I'd like another shot at WVU (with Melo). I know the BET hasn't been kind to the #1 seed lately, but I'd take a loss on Saturday if it meant we beat ND on Friday night.

When was the last time (or ever) since expansion that 1 team beat all other 15 teams in the Big East?

I'd like another shot at WVU (with Melo). I know the BET hasn't been kind to the #1 seed lately, but I'd take a loss on Saturday if it meant we beat ND on Friday night.

When was the last time (or ever) since expansion that 1 team beat all other 15 teams in the Big East?
Never I think

wvu/seton hall-notre dame would be a fairly easy path to the finals. this team must be foaming at the mouth to get another crack at nd.

wvu/seton hall-notre dame would be a fairly easy path to the finals. this team must be foaming at the mouth to get another crack at nd.

The only thing is, West Virginia is probably foaming at the mouth to get back at us.

Marsh: Thanks for doing this. This is one thing I am going to miss about the Big East. There are so many "average" teams that in reality are really good (at least on some nights) that at any time one team can beat another. Some might call it an upset but really it's not. No game is ever easy.

Speaking of that, I want to avoid WVU at all costs. I have said for four years that I thought that not signing Kevin Jones was going to come back and haunt us at some point. I really don't want to give him an opportunity on March 8th. No way in a million years.

UConn has a winnable game against Pitt while WVU has to play a solid USF squad on the road. Pitt loses, UConn wins and takes the tiebreaker based on head to head putting UConn in the 9 seed. It seems like UConn x 3 is in the cards.

Correction: If WVU loses to USF and UConn wins then UConn gets the 9 seed.

UConn has a winnable game against Pitt while WVU has to play a solid USF squad on the road. Pitt loses, UConn wins and takes the tiebreaker based on head to head putting UConn in the 9 seed. It seems like UConn x 3 is in the cards.

UConn is not capable of pulling off at Pitt, then Depaul and Seton Hall at the BET. Sad really

If you told me in November that Villanova, Pitt, UConn, and WVU would all finish in the bottom half of the BE, I'd slap you across the face.

UConn is not capable of pulling off at Pitt, then Depaul and Seton Hall at the BET. Sad really

The Pitt game is at home. I'd say they're a favorite to make it to Seton Hall, which is probably close to a coin flip as both teams seem to be bipolar.

WVU-USF will be of some interest. What will the line be on that - USF -2.5?

Is Marquette-G'town really not on TV?

Correction: If WVU loses to USF and UConn wins then UConn gets the 9 seed.

Exactly the way I see it, and this would suck b/c a Uconn win over Pitt (in Storrs) and a WVU loss at USF would re-trade the UConn/WVU seeds and put the convicts right back in our bracket. The only thing we can do is :

1- hope that Uconn chokes against Pitt (which is playing well and lost by only 3 at UL);
2- WVU plays for its tournament life at (?) the St. Pete Times Forum.

I think west virginia beats south florida, huggy bear will find a way

I think west virginia beats south florida, huggy bear will find a way

Given the venue and the way the two teams are playing, that would be a minor miracle (unfortunately). But I like your enthusiasm.

I hope ND stays in their place as the 4 seed. Would love another shot at them next Friday night.
Edit: Just looked at the schedule. ND should beat Provy on Thursday. If G'town loses to Marquette Saturday ND will move up to the 3 seed and SU could only play them in the final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom