BET Projections Vol 13 - The Final Season | Syracusefan.com

BET Projections Vol 13 - The Final Season

Marsh01

Living Legend
Well things are certainly getting interesting in the BE. Georgetown still holds onto the top spot despite losing to Villanova. Still sketchy on what happens with the 4-5-6 seeds if we beat Georgetown and ND beats Louisville meaning that Marquette with a win would win the BE regular season. We will have to wait until the Pitt-DePaul game (which tips at 4:00 on Saturday) if we win Saturday to know what time we are playing next week.

Should be a wild Saturday,

FIRST ROUND - TUESDAY MARCH 12TH

#12 SETON HALLVS. #13 SOUTH FLORIDA (7:00 - ESPNU)
#11 RUTGERS VS. #14 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPNU)

SECOND ROUND - WEDNESDAY MARCH 13TH

#8 PROVIDENCE VS. #9 ST. JOHNS (NOON ESPN)
#5SYRACUSE VS. #12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA (2:30 ESPN)
#7 VILLANOVA VS. #10 CINCINNATI (7:00 ESPN)
#6 NOTRE DAME VS. #11 RUTGERS/#14 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPN)

QUARTERFINALS – THURSDAY MARCH 14TH
#1 GEORGETOWN VS #8 PROVIDENCE/#9 ST. JOHNSI (NOON ESPN)
#4PITTSBURGH VS. #5 SYRACUSE/#12 SETON HALL/#13 SOUTH FLORIDA (2:30 ESPN)
#2 LOUISVILLE VS #7 VILLANOVA/#10 CINCINNATI (7:00 ESPN)
#3 MARQUETTE VS. #6 NOTRE DAME/#11 RUTGERS/#13 DEPAUL (9:30 ESPN)

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 PM ON FRIDAY MARCH 15TH ON ESPN
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 PM ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH ON ESPN

CONFERENCE STANDINGS
1. GEORGETOWN 13-4 (SYRACUSE)
2. LOUISVILLE 13-4 (NOTRE DAME)
3. MARQUETTE 13-4 (@ ST. JOHNS)
4. PITTSBURGH 11-6 (@ DEPAUL)
5. SYRACUSE 11-6 (@ GEORGETOWN)
6. NOTRE DAME 11-6 (@ LOUISVILLE)

7. VILLANOVA 10-8
8. PROVIDENCE 9-8
9. ST. JOHNS 8-9
10. CINCINNATI 8-9
11. RUTGERS 4-13
12. SETON HALL 3-14
13. SOUTH FLORIDA 3-14
14. DEPAUL 2-15

I've officially taken off the list as they dont deserve it after getting their kicked in at USF tonight. And we lost to this stuff team (yes I know Napier was out tonight)

F them

Still sketchy on what happens with the 4-5-6 seeds if we beat Georgetown and ND beats Louisville meaning that Marquette with a win would win the BE regular season.

I bet you're not sketchy on what's going on in the SWAC tourney. I'm a little disappointed. :cool:

Actually, I think we do know that if we win on Saturday, we will finish either 4th or 5th, which will mean that as a 5 we play Wed afternoon 2:30 and with a win then play in the 4/5 game Thurs afternoon at 2:30. If we lose, we should finish either 5th or 6th depending on whether ND wins or loses. Is my logic correct or do you think the tie breaker is against the #1 seed and not a head to head matchup.

Thanks for putting that together. Nice job.

I tend to agree that Nova may have sealed a bid with tonight's win but they may need to hope there aren't a lot of conference tournament upsets plus win that first BET game. Their resume is a bit sketchy. 55 rpi. Double digit losses to Alabama (another bubble team), Lasalle (possibly on the bubble), Columbia (What?) and temple (bubble?) plus two losses to PC.

I bet you're not sketchy on what's going on in the SWAC tourney. I'm a little disappointed. :cool:

Actually, I think we do know that if we win on Saturday, we will finish either 4th or 5th, which will mean that as a 5 we play Wed afternoon 2:30 and with a win then play in the 4/5 game Thurs afternoon at 2:30. If we lose, we should finish either 5th or 6th depending on whether ND wins or loses. Is my logic correct or do you think the tie breaker is against the #1 seed and not a head to head matchup.

Dude if you want the SWAC updates, just let me know! On speed dial!

first place team tiebreaker only will come into play with a 3 wat tie with us, pitt and ND.

otherwise you are correct.

first place team tiebreaker only will come into play with a 3 wat tie with us, pitt and ND.

otherwise you are correct.
Do we know what happens if Louisville, Marquette and Georgetown all finish 13-5

Do we know what happens if Louisville, Marquette and Georgetown all finish 13-5

armaggeddon

Honestly I am not sure. I would think that the 1-3 seeds would remain the same.

Thanks for putting that together. Nice job.

I tend to agree that Nova may have sealed a bid with tonight's win but they may need to hope there aren't a lot of conference tournament upsets plus win that first BET game. Their resume is a bit sketchy. 55 rpi. Double digit losses to Alabama (another bubble team), Lasalle (possibly on the bubble), Columbia (What?) and temple (bubble?) plus two losses to PC.

their rpi was 55 before the win tonight probably jumps to mid forties since gtown was in top 15.nova is solid unless thye have a bad loss in bigeast tourney

So we're locked into 4, 5, or 6, right? Most likely 5 or 6, since the chances of DePaul beating Pitt are pretty slim?

So we're locked into 4, 5, or 6, right? Most likely 5 or 6, since the chances of DePaul beating Pitt are pretty slim?

locked into the 4-5-6 yes.

4 in play if Pitt loses to DePaul
5 in play if we win or ND loses
6 in play if we lose and ND wins

you are correct sir. only way we get the 4 seed and double bye is we beat gtown and depaul beats pitt. not bloody likely.

armaggeddon

Honestly I am not sure. I would think that the 1-3 seeds would remain the same.
Here is the season records for Georgetown, Louisville and Marquette if they all finished in a first place tie and they created a mini conference to determine the winner.

Georgetown: vs Marquette (1-1) vs Louisville (1-0) Total 2-1
Louisville: vs Marquette (1-0) vs Georgetown (0-1) 1-1
Marquette: vs Georgetown (1-1) vs Louisville (0-1) 1-2

According to that, I would guess that Georgetown would be awarded the one seed, Louisville the 2 seed and Marquette the 3 seed.

So then if Cuse, ND and Pitt all finished at 12-6

Syracuse: vs ND 1-0 vs Pitt 0-1 Total 1-1
ND: vs Syr 0-1 vs Pitt 1-0 1-1
Pitt: vs Syr 1-0 vs ND 0-1 1-1

Same three teams vs Georgetown (for tie breaking purposes??)

Syr 1-1
ND 0-1
Pitt 1-0

So, I guess we might be considered the five seed.

Here is the season records for Georgetown, Louisville and Marquette if they all finished in a first place tie and they created a mini conference to determine the winner.

According to that, I would guess that Georgetown would be awarded the one seed, Louisville the 2 seed and Marquette the 3 seed.

Syr 1-1
ND 0-1
Pitt 1-0

Thats spot on.

Might want to wait for volume 14 tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syr 1-1
ND 0-1
Pitt 1-0

Bingo

Sent using my Commodore 64

Can we get an update ?? If it has already been posted can someone post the link.

Thanks guys,

See you in NYC.

Can we get an update ?? If it has already been posted can someone post the link.

Thanks guys,

See you in NYC.
The matchups are the same as originally posted in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom