NOON ESPN - #8 ST. JOHNS VS. #9 CINCINNATI
2:30 ESPN - #5 NOTRE DAME VS. #12 DEPAUL/#13 SETON HALL WINNER
7:00 ESPN2 - #7 VILLANOVA VS. #10 PROVIDENCE
9:30 ESPN - #6 PITTSBURGH VS. #11 RUTGERS/#14 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER

THURSDAY MARCH 14

NOON ESPN - #1 GEORGETOWN VS. #8 ST. JOHNS/#9 CINCINNATI WINNER
2:30 ESPN - #4 MARQUETTE VS. #5 NOTRE DAME/#12 DEPAUL/#13 SETON HALL WINNER
7:00 ESPN - #2 SYRACUSE VS. #7 VILLANOVA/#10 PROVIDENCE WINNER
9:30 ESPN - #3 LOUISVILLE VS. #6 PITTSBURGH/#11 RUTGERS/#14 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 ON ESPN FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 ON ESPN ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH

NOTE: WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT

CURRENT STANDINGS

1. GEORGETOWN 11-3
2. SYRACUSE 10-4
3. LOUISVILLE 10-4
4. MARQUETTE 10-4
5. NOTRE DAME 10-5
( 9-5)
6. PITTSBURGH 9-6
7. VILLANOVA 9-6
8. ST. JOHNS 8-7
9. CINCINNATI 7-8
10. PROVIDENCE 7-8
11. RUTGERS 4-11
12. DEPAUL 2-12
13. SETON HALL 2-13
14. SOUTH FLORIDA 1-13

BE Games this week:

Monday
SYRACUSE @ MARQUETTE
VILLANOVA @ SETON HALL

Wednesday

GEORGETOWN @
SOUTH FLORIDA @ PITTSBURGH
LOUISVILLE @ DEPAUL

Saturday

LOUISVILLE @ SYRACUSE
NOTRE DAME @ MARQUETTE
@ CINCINNATI
ST. JOHNS @ PROVIDENCE
RUTGERS @ GEORGETOWN

Sunday

VILLANOVA @ PITTSBURGH
DEPAUL @ SOUTH FLORIDA

Have to go 2-0 this week.

I would take this scenario in a heartbeat and call it a day.

Marquette - win
Louisvilles- loss
DePaul - win
Georgetown - win

13-5, a double bye and take our chances in the post season. Tomorrow is the key game because we could almost absorb a loss against louisville assuming we then beat georgetown there.

I would take this scenario in a heartbeat and call it a day.

Marquette - win
Louisvilles- loss
DePaul - win
Georgetown - win

13-5, a double bye and take our chances in the post season. Tomorrow is the key game because we could almost absorb a loss against louisville assuming we then beat georgetown there.
I'd take that too. Louisville has Cincinnati and ND at home after us. I could see them dropping 1 of those last 2 games.

EDIT: If we lose tomorrow, there's a good chance we don't get a double bye (unless we win out).

EDIT: If we lose tomorrow, there's a good chance we don't get a double bye (unless we win out).

Exactly. Which is why I think we will hopefully respond.

Here's the remaining schedule for each contender and projecting what may happen. Marquette looks to have the easiest path and SU the toughest.

Marquette
Syracuse w
Notre Dame w
@Rutgers w
@St. John's w
Projection: 14-4

Georgetown
@UConn w
Rutgers w
@Villanova L
Syracuse w

Louisville
@DePaul w
@ Syracuse L
Cincy w
Notre Dame w
Projection: 13-5

Pittsburgh
SFU w
Villanova w
@DePaul w
Projection: 12-6

SYRACUSE
@Marquette L
Louisville w
DePaul w
@Georgetown L

SU may well have to win 3 of the 4 remaining to get the last double-bye slot (4th place) since Pitt owns the tie breaker with us. I don't like the match-up with Marquette. But I hope this team will dig deep and respond versus Ville and GTown.

Here's the remaining schedule for each contender and projecting what may happen. Marquette looks to have the easiest path and SU the toughest.

Marquette
Syracuse w
Notre Dame w
@Rutgers w
@St. John's w

Georgetown
@UConn w
Rutgers w
@Villanova L
Syracuse w

Louisville
@DePaul w
@ Syracuse L
Cincy w
Notre Dame w

Pittsburgh
SFU w
Villanova w
@DePaul w

SYRACUSE
@Marquette L
Louisville w
DePaul w
@Georgetown L

SU may well have to win 3 of the 4 remaining to get the last double-bye slot (4th place) since Pitt owns the tie breaker with us. I don't like the match-up with Marquette. But I hope this team will dig deep and respond versus Ville and GTown.

So, in other words, we could very likely fall to the fifth seed. I'll plan for that. Thanks for doing the heavy work.

I waited for Friday to see SU in NY last year. I'm going to be sure to go to their opener this time.

Marquette
Syracuse w
Notre Dame w
@Rutgers w
@St. John's w

Georgetown
@UConn w
Rutgers w
@Villanova L
Syracuse w

Louisville
@DePaul w
@ Syracuse L
Cincy w
Notre Dame w

Pittsburgh
SFU w
Villanova w
@DePaul w

SYRACUSE
@Marquette L
Louisville w
DePaul w
@Georgetown L

Reasonable predictions but I don't see any team now finishing 14-4 in conference. The best record now looks to be 13-5.

Cheers,
Neil

Reasonable predictions but I don't see any team now finishing 14-4 in conference. The best record now looks to be 13-5.

Cheers,
Neil

Georgetown has a decent shot of going 14-4. Their defense is top notch and they do just enough offensively to grind out wins night after night. They're not a great team but their D will keep them in every game.

I just switch them around

SYRACUSE
@Marquette L
Louisville L
DePaul W
@Georgetown W

Where are all the guys who laughed at me last week ... when I said we were not a lock for a double bye? Our schedule between now and the end of regular season... is just so much tougher than Pitt's. You all know I am not a Debby Downer. Just a realist. But if you're making travel plans, flexibility might be a good idea.

Is it pretty safe to say there is a 75%ish chance that we play our first game at 2:30pm whether its Wednesday as the 5 seed or Thursday as the 4 seed? Or is the % even higher than that?

Is it pretty safe to say there is a 75%ish chance that we play our first game at 2:30pm whether its Wednesday as the 5 seed or Thursday as the 4 seed? Or is the % even higher than that?

I would say at least 75%. Gun to my head we are playing 2:30 either Wed or Thurs. This also would mean the first semi game assuming we win on Friday night.

Bumping this... I have tickets to Thursday night (wont get into town until 5pm). If we win out will we get a #2 or #3 seed? If we lose to Lvvlll and GU any chance we fall to #6? Ugh

Bumping this... I have tickets to Thursday night (wont get into town until 5pm). If we win out will we get a #2 or #3 seed? If we lose to Lvvlll and GU any chance we fall to #6? Ugh

If we won out then we would finish either second or third. (Conceivably I think we might even tie for first, to be honest). But Louisville would have at least 5 losses and we'd have the tiebreaker on them, so they couldn't pass us. Everyone else either already has 6 losses, or has 5 losses and loses the tiebreaker to us (ND).

If we lost to Lville and Gtown, and beat Depaul, we'd finish 11-7. Gtown, Marquette, Lousville, and Pitt would pretty much be assured of finishing ahead of us (Pitt would need to win only 2 of 3 from Nova, USF, and @Depaul.) So it would come down to Notre Dame. ND and Nova would be the only teams who could catch us. ND has @Marquette and @Lville, and St. Johns at home. So they are most likely to finish 1-2, which means they'd be 11-7, tied with us, and they'd lose the tiebreaker. Nova would need to both win @pitt and home to Gtown.

So assuming we beat Depaul (or basically, assuming we win one of the last 3) we should be set with the 5 seed. If we ran the table I'm not sure if it would be the 2 or the 3. Gtown is 11-3, if we won out we'd finish 13-5. If they lost either @Nova or @UConn, we'd finish tied with them and then the tiebreakers would come into play.

OOf if I were you I would pray we win games.

I will be updating this more often with scenarios (like every day) once we get through this weekend so people who have tickets can at least reference it and know what is going on.

if wins tonight and we run the table, we would be tied with georgetown and share the title, correct???

if wins tonight and we run the table, we would be tied with georgetown and share the title, correct???

Correct. Then we would need to see about the tiebreaker for the #1 seed. I will detail all of the information after Saturdays games with a new update and then do one every day until the tournament.

Marquette would have the chance to win the title outright if they ran the table. They are home ND, @rutgers, @SJU.

Marquette would have the chance to win the title outright if they ran the table. They are home ND, @rutgers, @SJU.

That's right my bad. Keep forgetting they are ahead of us now.

Correct. Then we would need to see about the tiebreaker for the #1 seed. I will detail all of the information after Saturdays games with a new update and then do one every day until the tournament.
Wouldn't we be only be tied if GTown won their other game? I think it's Nova right? Otherwise it'd be us and Marquette

I thought the tie break for the #1 seed is to determine the W/L records of the teams tied as you move down the list. Record vs. #3, record vs. #3 and #4, etc. until you determine a winner.

Attachments

• tiebreaker11.pdf
    63.3 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors