NOON ESPN - #1 GEORGETOWN VS. #8 ST. JOHNS/#9 CINCINNATI WINNER
2:30 ESPN - #4 SYRACUSE VS. #5 NOTRE DAME/#12 SETON HALL/#13 DEPAUL WINNER
7:00 ESPN - #2 LOUISVILLE VS. #7 VILLANOVA/#10 PROVIDENCE WINNER
9:30 ESPN - #3 MARQUETTE VS. #6 PITTSBURGH/#11 RUTGERS/#14 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 ON ESPN FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 ON ESPN ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH

NOTE: WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT

CURRENT STANDINGS AND REMAINING GAMES

1. GEORGETOWN 12-3 (RUTGERS, @ VILLANOVA, SYRACUSE)
2. LOUISVILLE 11-4 (@ SYRACUSE, CINCINNATI, NOTRE DAME)
3. MARQUETTE 11-4 (NOTRE DAME, @ RUTGERS, @ ST. JOHNS)
4. SYRACUSE 10-5 (LOUISVILLE, DEPAUL, @ GEORGETOWN)
5. NOTRE DAME 10-5 (@ MARQUETTE, ST. JOHNS, @LOUISVILLE)
6. PITTSBURGH 10-6 (VILLANOVA, @ DEPAUL)

( 9-6)
7. VILLANOVA 9-7
8. ST. JOHNS 8-7
9. CINCINNATI 7-8
10. PROVIDENCE 7-8
11. RUTGERS 4-11
12. SETON HALL 3-13
13. DEPAUL 2-13
14. SOUTH FLORIDA 1-14

I left a space after Pittsburgh as realistically these are the only teams that have a shot at the double bye. I know Villanova probably has a small shot but I didnt factor them into this scenario seeing they play Pitt and Georgetown and I dont see them winning both games.

The good news for us is that 3 of the teams almost have a around robin with each other. Louisville plays Notre Dame, Marquette plays ND, ND plays Louisville and Marquette. We need to beat Louisville and have that tie breaker over them to have any shot at a double bye. I have to assume that Pitt finishes up with 2 wins and will finish 12-6. Notre Dame could lose 2 of their last 3 and take them out of the equation or could really help themselves. Marquette probably will finish at least at 13-5.

Winning out obviously seals the deal with the double bye. Going 2-1 and we are still in the running assuming one of the wins is against Louisville. Notre Dame and Pitt are the wild cards here. One Pitt loss and they are eliminated. Pitt losing would also make the 6 for 4 a 5 for 4 situation with them having 7 losses (again assuming we go 2-1). we really need Villanova to beat them. Two ND losses and they would also be eliminated assuming we go 2-1 and finish 12-6.

I will update this again after Saturdays games.

I think at this point we need to assume Pit finishes 2-0, to get to 12-6. Obviously we would lose a tiebreaker with them. Now if we go 2-1 and beat Lville, we'd have a chance, but as long as they held serve at home vs Cincy and ND they would get to 13-5 and we'd be 5th. If we run the table we'll finish in the top 4, but otherwise, I don't think it's gonna happen, which means we'd get SH or Depaul, I guess, on Wed, and then have to deal with Pitt the next day

I think at this point we need to assume Pit finishes 2-0, to get to 12-6. Obviously we would lose a tiebreaker with them. Now if we go 2-1 and beat Lville, we'd have a chance, but as long as they held serve at home vs Cincy and ND they would get to 13-5 and we'd be 5th. If we run the table we'll finish in the top 4, but otherwise, I don't think it's gonna happen, which means we'd get SH or Depaul, I guess, on Wed, and then have to deal with Pitt the next day

I think there is a 50-50 shot that Villanova beats Pitt. This would go a looong way in us getting that double bye.

I think there is a 50-50 shot that Villanova beats Pitt. This would go a looong way in us getting that double bye.
Let's hope. But Nova has only 2 conference road wins (USF and UConn). They lost to Pitt at home by 15 in their first meeting so it's unlikely they beat them at Pitt. Unless we win out, it looks like no double-bye. Who woulda thunk it two weeks ago?

Let's hope. But Nova has only 2 conference road wins (USF and UConn). They lost to Pitt at home by 15 in their first meeting so it's unlikely they beat them at Pitt. Unless we win out, it looks like no double-bye. Who woulda thunk it two weeks ago?

The good thing is Vilanova needs to keep winning games to get off this bubble. I think one more win like this over a ranked Pitt team will get them in the tournament.

Pitt will be favored by 11 in the Nova game. Far from 50-50

Remember folks, it's been proven over the past few years that the BET double bye isn't necessarily a great thing to have.

Well at least we're going to avoid being that noon game. We suck in those.

Remember folks, it's been proven over the past few years that the BET double bye isn't necessarily a great thing to have.

Seems ot have settled down the last couple of years though. Double bye teams are 6-2 the last 2 quarterfinals

Well at least we're going to avoid being that noon game. We suck in those.

right, as we have our 2 biggest remaining regular season games left at noon....awesome

I hoping we win out! Get the #3 seed behind marq and GU so I can watch them on Thursday night.

I hoping we win out! Get the #3 seed behind marq and GU so I can watch them on Thursday night.

that would be ideal. we always seem to play in the afternoon in the big east tourny, so annoying.

I'd prefer the 4 seed because I get off of work at 9:30 on Thursday. Or the 2:30 tip would be alright since I get a break from 3-5.

Seems ot have settled down the last couple of years though. Double bye teams are 6-2 the last 2 quarterfinals
Yeah, maybe I shoulda said- Considering what l'vlle and ucon have done the past two years, it's not necessarily a bad thing to not have a double bye

either the 230(really is usually closer to 3 than 230) or night sessions are fine for me. I wouldnt mind not having the double bye this year as we have sucked with it mostly.But as long as were avoiding the terrible noon start im fine. Hopefully in the acc even though the double byes are continuing the #1 seed plays at night instaid of noon

either the 230(really is usually closer to 3 than 230) or night sessions are fine for me. I wouldnt mind not having the double bye this year as we have sucked with it mostly.But as long as were avoiding the terrible noon start im fine. Hopefully in the acc even though the double byes are continuing the #1 seed plays at night instaid of noon

The ACC tourney?

So meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUESDAY MARCH 12
7:00 ESPNU - #12 SETON HALL VS. #13 DEPAUL
9:30 ESPNU - #11 RUTGERS VS. #14 SOUTH FLORIDA

WEDNESDAY MARCH 13

NOON ESPN - #8 ST. JOHNS VS. #9 CINCINNATI
2:30 ESPN - #5 NOTRE DAME VS. #12 SETON HALL/#13 DEPAUL WINNER
7:00 ESPN2 - #7 VILLANOVA VS. #10 PROVIDENCE
9:30 ESPN - #6 PITTSBURGH VS. #11 RUTGERS/#14 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER

THURSDAY MARCH 14

NOON ESPN - #1 GEORGETOWN VS. #8 ST. JOHNS/#9 CINCINNATI WINNER
2:30 ESPN - #4 SYRACUSE VS. #5 NOTRE DAME/#12 SETON HALL/#13 DEPAUL WINNER
7:00 ESPN - #2 LOUISVILLE VS. #7 VILLANOVA/#10 PROVIDENCE WINNER
9:30 ESPN - #3 MARQUETTE VS. #6 PITTSBURGH/#11 RUTGERS/#14 SOUTH FLORIDA WINNER

SEMI FINALS ARE AT 7:00 AND 9:30 ON ESPN FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
FINALS ARE AT 8:30 ON ESPN ON SATURDAY MARCH 16TH

NOTE: WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS TOURNAMENT

CURRENT STANDINGS AND REMAINING GAMES

1. GEORGETOWN 12-3 (RUTGERS, @ VILLANOVA, SYRACUSE)
2. LOUISVILLE 11-4 (@ SYRACUSE, CINCINNATI, NOTRE DAME)
3. MARQUETTE 11-4 (NOTRE DAME, @ RUTGERS, @ ST. JOHNS)
4. SYRACUSE 10-5 (LOUISVILLE, DEPAUL, @ GEORGETOWN)
5. NOTRE DAME 10-5 (@ MARQUETTE, ST. JOHNS, @LOUISVILLE)
6. PITTSBURGH 10-6 (VILLANOVA, @ DEPAUL)

( 9-6)
7. VILLANOVA 9-7
8. ST. JOHNS 8-7
9. CINCINNATI 7-8
10. PROVIDENCE 7-8
11. RUTGERS 4-11
12. SETON HALL 3-13
13. DEPAUL 2-13
14. SOUTH FLORIDA 1-14

I wanted to bump this since it should be pinned. Still trying to figure out the odds of us playing Wed/Thurs afternoon or Thurs night. Besides the Cuse, Louisville and ND also have tough schedules. Pitt and Marqutte not really. Maybe we end up as the four seed, with an outside chance at two or three. I guess we will know more about 2:05 tomorrow.

If an admin can tack i will update tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom