BET Seating Questions | Syracusefan.com

BET Seating Questions

CuseCPT

All Conference
I've only been to one game at the Garden and it was a few years ago. For those more familiar with the layout, if you had your choice of Lower End or Upper Center there, what would you go with?

Also, has anyone used the StubHub, Pick Up option? It looks like you get to pick them up at MSG, am I reading this correctly? I've only had them mailed for other events.

Definitely upper center. MSG has been remodeled in the last two years so you should check out the new seating charts. Stay toward the center.

I've only been to one game at the Garden and it was a few years ago. For those more familiar with the layout, if you had your choice of Lower End or Upper Center there, what would you go with?

Also, has anyone used the StubHub, Pick Up option? It looks like you get to pick them up at MSG, am I reading this correctly? I've only had them mailed for other events.

In the past, i think the pick up option was near grand central

Upper center. The "up" doesn't seem so far away. I was amazed last year by how well we could see in the upper section. It made me feel less worried. We used Stub Hub to pick up some tickets and it works great. No fears on that account, either.

I'm also considering attending a game for the BET. Being a broke college student, I'd go with the cheaper the better. My cousin writes for Newsday on Long Island and he's come through with seats in the 200 for $60 per ticket. Probably can't happen for this tournament. Does anybody have a good picture of a seat from the upper center? Is it closer than the 300 level of the Dome?

I bought BE tickets last year on Stub Hub. They have a Last Minute Service Center pick up location which is on W. 40th & Broadway - short walk to MSG. The LMSC is an actual retail location, not a kiosk so I doubt that the location would have change from year to year.

Upper center. The "up" doesn't seem so far away. I was amazed last year by how well we could see in the upper section. It made me feel less worried. We used Stub Hub to pick up some tickets and it works great. No fears on that account, either.
I think I sat in 222 for the BET last year and I wasn't that impressed. The best part about it is that we were in the last row of 222 and right by the hallway, so it made for a quick trip to the can. I hate to be hypocritical but the world's most famous arena doesn't quite do it for me. I've sat in the 100's (very good) 200's, 300's and 400's. When I am upstairs I feel real far away, not like a lot of other places where you are more overlooking the court.

There are only 100s and 200s now. They redid the place two years ago.

I think I sat in 222 for the BET last year and I wasn't that impressed. The best part about it is that we were in the last row of 222 and right by the hallway, so it made for a quick trip to the can. I hate to be hypocritical but the world's most famous arena doesn't quite do it for me. I've sat in the 100's (very good) 200's, 300's and 400's. When I am upstairs I feel real far away, not like a lot of other places where you are more overlooking the court.

This is an outdated chart. There is only 100 and 200 now it was totally renovated. The 200's aren't bad if you are in the front half of the rows.

I'm also considering attending a game for the BET. Being a broke college student, I'd go with the cheaper the better. My cousin writes for Newsday on Long Island and he's come through with seats in the 200 for $60 per ticket. Probably can't happen for this tournament. Does anybody have a good picture of a seat from the upper center? Is it closer than the 300 level of the Dome?

You'll be able to get cheaper seats when we play on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been to the entire tournament 8 years in a row. This will be year 9. I prefer lower end to upper center but it's really personal preference. I enjoy the ambiance of MSG and in my opinion you don't feel it in its entirety in upper sections. The view in upper center is probably a tad better than lower end but the experience is better in the lower end. As for stub hub I wouldn't necessarily go that route. You can always get face or lower than face value tickets from a scalper outside MSG on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Scalper prices Friday and Saturday will depend entirely on demand/matchups. But you can always go on Stubhub Friday morning for tickets if it's an appealing matchup. Will still likely come out ahead when you factor in paying face for first three days. Also, make sure to visit the Blarney Rock for pre/post game.

Have been to the entire tournament 8 years in a row. This will be year 9. I prefer lower end to upper center but it's really personal preference. I enjoy the ambiance of MSG and in my opinion you don't feel it in its entirety in upper sections. The view in upper center is probably a tad better than lower end but the experience is better in the lower end. As for stub hub I wouldn't necessarily go that route. You can always get face or lower than face value tickets from a scalper outside MSG on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Scalper prices Friday and Saturday will depend entirely on demand/matchups. But you can always go on Stubhub Friday morning for tickets if it's an appealing matchup. Will still likely come out ahead when you factor in paying face for first three days. Also, make sure to visit the Blarney Rock for pre/post game.
Everyone is right here. If you are looking at just watching the game, a seat in the 200s near midcourt is a lot better than one in the 100s behind a basket.

If you take into account close access to pep bands, cheerleaders, dance teams and celebrities, or being close enough to the players to hear them talk to each other, etc., Toronto is on point.

There are pros and cons with both. Just avoid the 400s if at all possible. Those are just not good seats, even near mid court.

While I realize the need for $$ making luxury boxes in the renovated Garden, I don't like the new seating. Compare the old seating chart to the new. You could walk around the arena in the old layout and watch the game. The subtle layers of seating is one of the things that made the Garden unique. I went to SJU-Pitt on Sunday and sat in the 100's. All there is now is an upstairs and downstairs seperated by the luxury boxes. I thought I was in the Wells Fargo Center. The concessions areas are nicer now, though, much more room.

I'm looking to buy B.E.T. tickets off the web, is there a "Syracuse Section" I should look for? Where do the season ticket holders who buy the tickets thru the University sit?

Thanks

Everyone is right here. If you are looking at just watching the game, a seat in the 200s near midcourt is a lot better than one in the 100s behind a basket.

Definitely; have Knicks season tix for section 211. We are basically right on the mid court line; I think the seats are awesome.

I'm looking to buy B.E.T. tickets off the web, is there a "Syracuse Section" I should look for? Where do the season ticket holders who buy the tickets thru the University sit?

Thanks
Tickets for all the schools are scattered all around the arena. This is no Syracuse section per se. The only time there will be a Syracuse section is when Syracuse is playing... and the school gets tickets behind our "home basket" for students, pep band and and a handful of other people. However, these are given to the schools by the BET on a game-to-game basis. These are the seats where you'll see folks like Derrick Coleman and player parents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom