Bianca Andreescu ... | Syracusefan.com

Bianca Andreescu ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
in her first ever Grand Slam final defeats Sererna Williams in straight sets. It's the first tennis GS win by a Canadian ever and a moment of tremendous national pride up here. Especially after the Raptors win in the NBA final. Nineteen years old and ranked 153 last year - she didn't even qualify for the US Open last year. Hasn't been done since back in what, the 30's? She's a really nice kid and it's a great story. :)

in her first ever Grand Slam final defeats Sererna Williams in straight sets. It's the first tennis GS win by a Canadian ever and a moment of tremendous national pride up here. Especially after the Raptors win in the NBA final. Nineteen years old and ranked 153 last year - she didn't even qualify for the US Open last year. Hasn't been done since back in what, the 30's? She's a really nice kid and it's a great story. :)

I'll have to see if I can find a replay, I watched Serena destroy her opponent Thursday, she was in a zone and could do no wrong. Surprised to hear she lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom