Big 12 Referees | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 Referees

CsonkaStash

Starter
Watching TCU at Texas Tech and Baylor at Oklahoma tonight and switching between the games and the referees have been fantastic. They have complete control of the game and called two block/charge calls completely correct calling blocks on both. They whistled TT at home twice when playing too aggressive on defense. They are not buying into the crowds reaction.

It seems like I have not seen most of these referees before, do they ref the ACC as well ? I am just baffled how they have such a better handle on the game and their impact is barely even felt.

Big 12 promotes freedom of movement more than any other league.
I like that, Basketball is not a full contact sport. Not that every contact play should be a foul but exactly what you are talking about...Freedom of movement, when a player attempts to drive and someone attempts to slide in front of you it should not be offensive foul unless extremely out of control

Have to respect refs that will call a game appropriately yet respect the free-flow of a game.

Literally nobody wants a whistle every 2-3 times down the court.

I recall being at our game @ Wake back in ‘14 (maybe‘15). We won, but it was one of the worst games I’ve ever been to. Zero flow because the refs wanted to interject themselves in literally every possession down the floor.

Not sure there is a YouTube of that game, but it wasn’t that long ago and my memory isn’t that bad. Left Winston-Salem the next day passionately hating ACC officiating. It was dreadful. Not how the game was meant to be called.

I saw an absolutely terrible charge call in that same game.

Have to respect refs that will call a game appropriately yet respect the free-flow of a game.

Literally nobody wants a whistle every 2-3 times down the court.

I recall being at our game @ Wake back in ‘14 (maybe‘15). We won, but it was one of the worst games I’ve ever been to. Zero flow because the refs wanted to interject themselves in literally every possession down the floor.

Not sure there is a YouTube of that game, but it wasn’t that long ago and my memory isn’t that bad. Left Winston-Salem the next day passionately hating ACC officiating. It was dreadful. Not how the game was meant to be called.
Agreed, I despise the way they officiate in the ACC
Teams like Virginia tech need a whistle called for their BS or they get a decided advantage. Just call a foul a foul and things will self-correct.

Agree if the whole team fouls out then so what. You can’t change the game of basketball to fit teams that hand check and push all game long. I truly hope they look at this . Their commitment to eliminating hand checking is a total farce

Watching TCU at Texas Tech and Baylor at Oklahoma tonight and switching between the games and the referees have been fantastic. They have complete control of the game and called two block/charge calls completely correct calling blocks on both. They whistled TT at home twice when playing too aggressive on defense. They are not buying into the crowds reaction.

It seems like I have not seen most of these referees before, do they ref the ACC as well ? I am just baffled how they have such a better handle on the game and their impact is barely even felt.

Those same referees give Kansas the best homecourt edge in the game, even better than Duke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom