Big Decision Wednesday impacting Ivy league Sports 2020-21 season | Syracusefan.com

Big Decision Wednesday impacting Ivy league Sports 2020-21 season

wvlax

2nd String
Not sure how you play fall and spring sports during same season.

1594067888394.png

They’re going to play in the spring. Problem is they’re looking at a shortened season unless all of their non conference opponents opt to play in the spring as well. And the turnaround to summer practice will only be a few months. This, obviously, will be true if the FBS schools also choose the spring route.

You play Football on Saturday, and LAX on Sunday.
I hope its that easy, but some folks on fanlax don't seem very optimistic on a spring 2021 season.

Lacrosse should just have a college World Cup style tournament next spring.
64 teams.
16 groups of 4.

Top 2 in each group advance and then 32 team tournament.

If people want sports they are going to have to be creative.

Lacrosse should just have a college World Cup style tournament next spring.
64 teams.
16 groups of 4.

Top 2 in each group advance and then 32 team tournament.

If people want sports they are going to have to be creative.
Won't work for lax. Baseball mini tournaments (4 team groups) are double elimination, with teams playing back-to-back days, and sometimes 2 games in a day.

Won't work for lax. Baseball mini tournaments (4 team groups) are double elimination, with teams playing back-to-back days, and sometimes 2 games in a day.
I am not talking about the baseball tournament I am talking world Cup soccer type tournament.
Meaning 16 groups of 4 teams.
Every team would play 3 group stage matches.
The top 2 from each group wouid advance to a 32 team single elimination tournament.

That could work for lacrosse. There aren’t that many division 1 teams.

I am not talking about the baseball tournament I am talking world Cup soccer type tournament.
Meaning 16 groups of 4 teams.
Every team would play 3 group stage matches.
The top 2 from each group wouid advance to a 32 team single elimination tournament.

That could work for lacrosse. There aren’t that many division 1 teams.
Yeah, my mistake. Don't know why my mind jumped to the NCAA baseball model. Maybe the 64-team concept.

I think your concept might work, but could be cut in half, starting with 32. And the round robin group stage could be very difficult physically for the athletes.

I have read this several times.. Does it say Jan 1st or does it say what i see several places after the fall semester?

The reality is for most of the schools kids are going home t-day, So after that the campus will be mostly empty and they could start up the winter stuff much easier.. lets just hope news is good by then

Curious what all the Ivy athletes that took the first semester off will do. This news isn't great, but there is still a chance of a season. The students will have to decide soon as well. Good luck to them.