Big Dirty game James | Syracusefan.com

Big Dirty game James

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Didnt skip a beat. Looked smooth and fluid. Good to see us come out in top of a ruling of his eligibility. And as mentioned the spacing was night and day which creates many more opportunities for our offense. We now have hope . LGO !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got a good feeling about this team. i just feel like we're finally gonna be healthy and peaking heading into march, just like we were 10 years ago. this was a 2nd weekend team without james, with him we got a legit shot to be the last team standing, he makes a huge difference.

I still think we need to be more efficient in the half court. Our ball movement Sunday was much better but we need to get even better when other teams slow us down.

I still think we need to be more efficient in the half court. Our ball movement Sunday was much better but we need to get even better when other teams slow us down.
SU teams are more of a running team, the halfcourt game isnt in our DNA.

I know, but you can't always run and when you can't, you have to score.

Riddle me this: If we are a running team, why does MCW walk the ball so sloooooowly down the court?

We run off of misses only. We run a very NBA type offense especially our early offense sets so they are really based on 24sec shot clock and taking the first good shot. Many college teams will run a play to get the shot they want and if they don't get that shot they will run a second set in the same position. Of course this only applies to M2M offense.

Riddle me this: If we are a running team, why does MCW walk the ball so sloooooowly down the court?
Because you cant always run like a steal then fast break scoring opportunities. You ever wonder why teams like to slow it down and take away from what we do best. Our set plays on offense consisted the last few years were pretty much an alley oop to melo, Kjo coming off a screen for a 3 , and dion driving spin move lay up.

Looking at the halftime of G-town vs Marquette. I think Dirty might have improved his stock by not playing! They are dropping a stat that MCW is averaging 4 more assist with Dirty than without which is crazy!