Big east awards | Syracusefan.com

Big east awards

Switch out Sims with Melo and it's about right. Sims is about half the defensive force Melo is, and averages a measly 3 points more a game than Fab with both averaging 6 boards a game. But I guess I'm just being picky.

Yeah I would've put Melo in there somewhere. But he will most likely get most improved player and possibly defensive player of the year as well.

I wonder which idiot coach didn't name Kevin Jones to make him unanimous. The only 2 that should have unanimous IMO were Crowder and Jones. I bet the Big East will give the POY award to Crowder kinda of spite to WVU leaving when Kevin Jones has been the best player this year. Leading the conference in scoring and rebounding is a special year. I am glad they found a way to put Dion on the 3rd team he earned it early in the year, but cooled off at the end.

Rakeem Christmas starts for the 30-1 Syracuse Orange. For him to not make the all rookie team is a disgrace and is just sour grapes by the Big East. He may have only been on the court for a few seconds in each game, but those seconds had a far reaching impact on the game.

I know this is a trivial detail that really means nothing in the big scheme of things, but why can't there just be 5 players on the first, second and third teams?

Didn't they basically? I think 6 happens when there's a tie. But it's better than that 10 player first team crap.

Rakeem Christmas starts for the 30-1 Syracuse Orange. For him to not make the all rookie team is a disgrace and is just sour grapes by the Big East. He may have only been on the court for a few seconds in each game, but those seconds had a far reaching impact on the game.
HA! good one.

Didn't they basically? I think 6 happens when there's a tie. But it's better than that 10 player first team crap.
No, six is the first team. Has been last couple years. Has nothing to do with a tie. First team is 6 players, 2nd and 3rd team are 5 players. Also, they don't do it by position, so the first team could be all point-guards or all centers, theoretically.

I hate how they phrase it "team", because I think that implies a PG, SG, SF, PF and C. The first team has 5F and 1G. 2nd team has 3PG; 3rd team has .

jeremy lamb gets my vote for most underwhelming player this year based on expectations.

That's great for Kris, but I'm a little stunned he made 1st Team. I was expecting 2nd Team at best, but I guess the team that went 17-1 in conference had to have someone on the 1st Team. Based on how widely respected he is by league coaches, I would have expected Scoop to be our 1st Teamer, not Kris.

Glad to see Kris and and Scoop get recognized. Often these awards just go to the guys with the best scoring stats. I don't have a problem with any of the choices except for Wayns on 2nd team. What a chucker...low shooting %, and a TO machine. That surprised me a little.

ALL-BIG EAST FIRST TEAM
Jeremy Lamb, Connecticut, G, So., 6-5, 185, Norcross, Ga.
Jason Clark, Georgetown, G, Sr., 6-2, 170, Arlington, Va.
*Jae Crowder, Marquette, F, Sr., 6-6, 235, Villa Rica, Ga.
Darius Johnson-Odom, Marquette, G, Sr., 6-2, 215, Raleigh, N.C.
Kris Joseph, Syracuse, F, Sr., 6-7, 210, Montreal, Quebec
Kevin Jones, West Virginia, F, Sr., 6-8, 260, Mount Vernon, N.Y.

ALL-BIG EAST SECOND TEAM
Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati, G, So., 6-4, 215, White Plains, N.Y.
Jack Cooley, Notre Dame, F, Jr., 6-9, 244, Glenview, Ill.
Jordan Theodore, Seton Hall, G, Sr., 6-0, 174, Englewood, N.J.
Scoop Jardine, Syracuse, G, Sr., 6-2, 190, Philadelphia, Pa.
Maalik Wayns, Villanova, G, Jr., 6-2, 200, Philadelphia, Pa.

ALL-BIG EAST THIRD TEAM
Henry Sims, Georgetown, C, Sr., 6-10, 232, Baltimore, Md.
Vincent Council, Providence, G, Jr., 6-2, 180, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Herb Pope, Seton Hall, F, Sr., 6-8, 236, Aliquippa, Pa.
Dion Waiters, Syracuse, G, So., 6-4, 215, Philadelphia, Pa.
Darryl Bryant, West Virginia, G, Sr., 6-2, 195, Brooklyn, N.Y.

BIG EAST HONORABLE MENTION
Cleveland Melvin, DePaul, F, So., 6-8, 205, Baltimore, Md.
Hollis Thompson, Georgetown, F, Sr., 6-7, 205, Los Angeles, Calif.
Kyle Kuric, Louisville, G-F, Sr., 6-4, 185, Evansville, Ind.
Ashton Gibbs, Pittsburgh, G, Sr., 6-2, 190, Scotch Plains, N.J.
Moe Harkless, St. John’s, F, Fr., 6-8, 190, Queens, N.Y.

BIG EAST ALL-ROOKIE TEAM^
Andre Drummond, Connecticut, C, Fr., 6-11, 275, Middletown, Conn.
Chane Behanan, Louisville, F, Fr., 6-7, 250, Bowling Green, Ky.
Jerian Grant, Notre Dame, G, So., 6-5, 185, Bowie, Md.
LaDontae Henton, Providence, F, Fr., 6-6, 220 Lansing, Mich.
Moe Harkless, St. John’s, F, Fr., 6-8, 190, Queens, N.Y.
D’Angelo Harrison, St. John’s, G, Fr., 6-3, 186, Missouri City, Texas
Anthony Collins, USF, G, Fr., G, 6-1, 175, Houston, Texas

*Denotes unanimous selection.

I'm surprised Cooley didn't make the 1st team. Guy averaged 15 and 10 in conference play and was the biggest reason ND finished a surprising 3rd in the league. I'd have him ahead of Clark.

A bit surprised Fab didn't get Honorable Mention.

CBS reporting that KJ is first team, Scoop 2nd and Waiters 3rd Team BE. Perhaps many of us just didnt notice the import of KJ on the team this year...he did play consistently well and was the 'Cuse leading scorer. I find it difficult to believe that Melo did not make BE at least 3rd team...he was a defensive stalwart and had 'Cuse 28-0 when he played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom