Big East Conference New Name? | Syracusefan.com

Big East Conference New Name?

Rocco

Watching you.
With all of the new teams ready to jump to the conference from all geographical locations, especially in the west, do you think they will rename the conference? This is a serious question.

Texted from my Droid...

Big East mmm make that "Big C-USA"

Seriously they'll stick with the Big East as damaged a brand name it is...still better than anything else

No way. 30 years of brand equity.

I get the geographic thing, but it's not like IBM only makes business machines, or Apple sells fruit.

With all of the new teams ready to jump to the conference from all geographical locations, especially in the west, do you think they will rename the conference? This is a serious question.

Texted from my Droid...

SWC+

Now, since the real answer is obviously "no", let's get to coming up with better ideas. I propose:

Great Band-Aid

Conference Stepping Stone

Big Meh

This goes here now.
SunBeastConf.jpg

BIG dESParatioN

I think they should rename the FB side. The BBall brand Big East has value. I think the Big East FB brand has a negative connotation. So they should rename the FB side the Big America Conference because they're BAC. You can't kill them. It will be a subsidiary of the BE.

Big East has brand recognition, but that's only a good thing on the basketball side. On the football side, it remains a joke, and even a bigger joke as the Big East with teams in Idaho, Colorado, and Texas.

Obviously, they need to be the Sun Beast, or something along the lines of the Big America Conference or something.

BigEast of Guam...the beg.

beg for teams.
beg for bcs status.
beg for tv contracts.
beg for etc...

(not all of these are originals, I just like them)

Big USA

Big America

UEP - Universities East of Pacific (sorry Hawaii you will NOT be getting an invite...yet)

Big Arch - as in Archipelago (each school is an island with no real ties)

Big SUCK - Cause it will

NSEWC - that's right, north south east west conference

CFF - Conference of frequent flyers

BEMWUSASUNACADSC (Big East Mountain West USA Sun Academy Snooki Conference)

How about:
The Conference Formerly Known as the Big East.

Texted from my Droid...
Conference America. The commissioner is Captain America.

Texted from my Droid...

No.

The Big East is a brand - a solid brand.

I have little doubt the name will be changed.

The "We should abandon Football" Conference

The Big East is a solid brand and should remain a solid brand as a Basketball conference.

The current model wasn't viable and adding more and more schools outside the geographic footprint makes it even less viable.

ALAOKPWKAQ - "As Long As Others Keep Poaching We Keep Automatically Qualifying"

No.

The Big East is a brand - a solid brand.

I have little doubt the name will be changed.
Is is though for FB, which controls the money here? BE bball is obviously huge, but FBall started dying 8 years ago. Other large conferences have folded.

Beyond the "brand", the "Big East" name would not make sense moving forward.

I like the Captain America tag for Marinara.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom