Big East Exit | Syracusefan.com

Big East Exit

AgentOrange

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
Do the BE bylaws specifically exclude exiting members from voting on conference matters? If so, then SU, Pitt, and WVU would have no say in matters that could potentially affect them finacially in the 27 month exit period. For example, the departing schools will have to live with the likely pathetic new TV deal (for 12 months), that the Leftovers negotiate. Couldn't that lack of a say about their 2013 conference income, give the departing schools ground to break their contract with the BE?

As far as I'm concerned, we're still a member, and we, Pitt, and WV should be voting on conference matters and making things as difficult as we can until they decide to no longer hold us hostage.

As far as I'm concerned, we're still a member, and we, Pitt, and WV should be voting on conference matters and making things as difficult as we can until they decide to no longer hold us hostage.

Why is it so hard to understand that we signed a contract when we thought it was in our interest. The by laws clearly state the voting rights of an institution who has given notice of withdrawal.

Why is it so hard to understand that we signed a contract when we thought it was in our interest. The by laws clearly state the voting rights of an institution who has given notice of withdrawal.

I'd show up anyway and make a scene.

If they're only barred fromvoting, not attending meetings, they should at least show up and ask the difficult questions, air dirty laundry, etc.
Filibuster!

taxation without representation...didnt that spur a war of some sort...give me ACC or give me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I didn't think it might effect any future deal to get out early, I'd do exactly the same thing.