Big East Mt Rushmore | Syracusefan.com

Big East Mt Rushmore

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Pearl, Ewing, Mullin...and Pinckney.

im guilty of always putting it as a Holy Trinity, the doc certainly gave me a little clarity on Ed.

as a Bronx kid who also stayed 'home' in the BigEast to 'play against those kids from DC, philly and boston', and obviously went up against the big fella on many occasions and came away with the last pelt in the conferences seminal game...he deserves it.

.jpg

im guilty of always putting it as a Holy Trinity, the doc certainly gave me a little clarity on Ed.

as a Bronx kid who also stayed 'home' in the BigEast to 'play against those kids from DC, philly and boston', and obviously went up against the big fella on many occasions and came away with the last pelt in the conferences seminal game...he deserves it.

As cheesy as it sounds, I feel like Dave Gavitt's head has to be on there.

Syracuse University has the Big East all-time leading scorer Lawrence Moten, leading rebounder Derrick Coleman, and leading assist man Sherman Douglas.

On the Mt. Rushmore if its players only Kaiser nailed the top 4 IMO.

If you open it up to coaches I would take Pinckney off and put Boeheim as he is the alltime wins leader among Big East coaches. Also, Gavitt would have to be on their somehow.

tumblr_liw1y0DCGY1qetkato1_500.jpg

Syracuse University has the Big East all-time leading scorer Lawrence Moten, leading rebounder Derrick Coleman, and leading assist man Sherman Douglas.
Wow, I had never put all of that together. With JB as the all time leader in wins, it just shows how we were the rock of the Big East.

On the Mt. Rushmore if its players only Kaiser nailed the top 4 IMO.

If you open it up to coaches I would take Pinckney off and put Boeheim as he is the alltime wins leader among Big East coaches. Also, Gavitt would have to be on their somehow.
i did players only and stuck to the bedrock. there are certainly other great players, many even.

coaches is also easy and its always been 4.... JB, jt2, rollie and louie. calhoun would be on ...big east: the next generation.

gavitt is God.

I'd root against UConn if they were playing Fairfield in field hockey but what Kemba Walker did a few years ago is worthy of consideration to be on that mountain. Carried his team that March on one helluva run.

We wound up as the best program from the big east by always being the second best program, but doing it consistently for just about the entire duration.

As ignorant as Francesca is on college hoops, I heard him 10+yrs ago and again yesterday say it was Ewing and the Dome. I think he's probably right. Pearl is probably 3. And I guess you have to stop there for a reasonably clean Mt because 4th is too close to call.

now coaches, no brainer right?

JB, (hold your lunch down) JT, Louie, Rollie

I'd root against UConn if they were playing Fairfield in field hockey but what Kemba Walker did a few years ago is worthy of consideration to be on that mountain. Carried his team that March on one helluva run.

...that ended in the ugliest basketball game the world has ever known.

On our worst night this year we can't match how awful that game was. If we play Ohio State in the second round and win 10-7, it will still probably be a better game to watch than that atrocity. They did win it all though...so, kudos to them.