Big East/SEC Challenge match-ups (speculative) | Syracusefan.com

Big East/SEC Challenge match-ups (speculative)

SouthCampusHero

2nd String
According to Andy Katz...

The Big East still has to decide if 14 schools will participate in the Big East-SEC Challenge instead of 12. Based on conversations with multiple sources, the highest-profile game that could occur is Kentucky at Georgetown. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Louisville at Florida, Marquette at Missouri, and Tennessee at Notre Dame. But those last four appear to be more speculation at this point. The most likely matchup is UK-GU.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...27/3-point-shot-aztecs-big-west-move-still-on

Edit: Link

It surprises me that it isn't Kentucky @ Providence. I honestly believe SU won't be taking part in this SEC-BE challenge. Pitt and SU will be the two BE teams not in it IMO.

It surprises me that it isn't Kentucky @ Providence. I honestly believe SU won't be taking part in this SEC-BE challenge. Pitt and SU will be the two BE teams not in it IMO.

But won't ESPN be pushing them to include SU and Pitt?

I hope so . . . IF Syracuse takes advantage of the extra game that opens up to schedule a better matchup. Maybe they can add another west coast game a few days after the carrier game. Friday night vs. SDSU and . . . Monday night vs. UCLA? Although Howland will probably prefer to get his freshman a little more warmed up before a test like that.

This challenge is reflective of the dysfunctional way the BE is run. There is no logic or reason to the match ups. The ACC-B1G Challenge makes like ordered teams from both conference #1 vs #1, #2 vs. #2 etc. With this crap you get #10 vs #1 and all types of stupid match ups based on who knows what. So the end tally of how many games each conference wins has no meaning. (Ah, maybe that's the point).
Good, leave us out. We'll get to play in a real challenge the next year.

According to Andy Katz...

The Big East still has to decide if 14 schools will participate in the Big East-SEC Challenge instead of 12. Based on conversations with multiple sources, the highest-profile game that could occur is Kentucky at Georgetown. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Louisville at Florida, Marquette at Missouri, and Tennessee at Notre Dame. But those last four appear to be more speculation at this point. The most likely matchup is UK-GU.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...27/3-point-shot-aztecs-big-west-move-still-on

Edit: Link

Based on them not matching us up with Kentucky, I'm guessing the 2 teams to be left out will be us and Pitt. Why highlight the teams who are leaving ?

OK, perhaps I'm not keeping up with this as well as I'd like - what happened to that rumored Syracuse-Missouri game?

Based on them not matching us up with Kentucky, I'm guessing the 2 teams to be left out will be us and Pitt. Why highlight the teams who are leaving ?

There is NO WAY that ESPN allows DePaul to play in this over SU.

There is NO WAY that ESPN allows DePaul to play in this over SU.

maybe it's not ESPN's call. Maybe the Big East gets to pick which teams play. I mean, I know that sounds laughable in a certain sense, but if you were the Big East, would you want the challenge to be all about teams who are leaving the conference ? I'm curious how badly they are going to screw us with scheduling in our farewell seasons in football and hoops. Remember, they were talking about making us play Rutgers twice, and neither game was going to be at the Dome, before Temple joined for football this fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom