Big Lack... | Syracusefan.com

Big Lack...

newmexicuse

All Conference
there has been plenty of criticism about coaching, lack of outside shooting, lack of ball movement, etc.

however, a huge piece that we lack is a player who makes others around him better in some way or fashion. the only guy who is close to that is marek and he is too much of a role player for it to make much difference in his case.

unfortunately, if anything, our big three make others around them worse.

I don’t think Frank makes those around him worse. Everyone’s just exhausted due to depth, or is a freshman/redshirt freshmen. It doesnt help.

Dont think its fair to say that about Oshae either. He’s a freshman thats been dumped on to bail our offense out when tyus and frank decide they cant create an opportunity. His handle and perimeter game isnt there yet, which is fine he’s going to develop.

Tyus resembles a black hole, but his coach’s offensive “plan” and our teams depth does not help him. He’s visibly exhausted and frustrated. Its not all on him.

I don’t think Frank makes those around him worse. Everyone’s just exhausted due to depth, or is a freshman/redshirt freshmen. It doesnt help.

Dont think its fair to say that about Oshae either. He’s a freshman thats been dumped on to bail our offense out when tyus and frank decide they cant create an opportunity. His handle and perimeter game isnt there yet, which is fine he’s going to develop.

Tyus resembles a black hole, but his coach’s offensive “plan” and our teams depth does not help him. He’s visibly exhausted and frustrated. Its not all on him.

chuk and matt combined for zero shots in 45 minutes. you would think that one of them might have been open at least once in the game. frank got all of two assists. a pg is supposed to bring the d to him and find the open man.

generally guys will move and cut better if their effort is rewarded.

now, i will give oshae a pass because he is a frosh and that is not his role. frank and ty should know better and do better in that regard.

if your two best players are playing in a way that stifles the movement of others, that is my definition of making others worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom