Big Ten Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten Basketball

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
..nothing like it.

Be glad we are off to the ACC and not headed to the B1G. They are playing a very exciting game this evening in Minneapolis.

#9 Minnesota leads Northwestern at the half 17-14. Are you kidding me????

Agreed, never liked the big10 style of bball.

Yup, so boring and methodical. Hope the ACC stays healthy for the forseeable future.

Trey Burke is the best PG in the nation & Michigan the best team, IMO.

..nothing like it.

Be glad we are off to the ACC and not headed to the B1G. They are playing a very exciting game this evening in Minneapolis.

#9 Minnesota leads Northwestern at the half 17-14. Are you kidding me????
That's impossible Jimmy said we had the worst offensive performance he has ever seen.

My level of hesitation to read this thread was extremely high, mostly out of fear that reading about this topic would trigger a coma. Watching BiG basketball games can remove years from your life.

I traditionally find the Big Ten boring, as well, but is any other conference even close to being as strong as them this year?

I traditionally find the Big Ten boring, as well, but is any other conference even close to being as strong as them this year?

My thoughts exactly... watched a ton of games and while they can be slow and painful they have a solid 6-8 teams come March Madness. Michigan is incredible.

I can't help, but think that the first half started so poorly that they ended it early and played the remaining minutes in the second half. The final score was a much more respectable 69- 51.

I mean is this an screwed up line score or what...two different teams come on at the half?

.....1. 2. F
NW 14 37 51
MN 17 52 69

Okay, I'm too lazy to google this. What does BiG stand for? Bi-Grandiose? Bi-Gosh? I mean, WHAT?

I graduated from the UW and all this change is giving me the vapors!

Big Ten is much improved in basketball over the past couple of years because they now have the best set of coaches in any conference. And there is now more of a balance between the plodders and the more fast paced teams in the league, the latter led by Indiana and Michigan.

Cheers,
Neil

Okay, I'm too lazy to google this. What does BiG stand for? Bi-Grandiose? Bi-Gosh? I mean, WHAT?

I graduated from the UW and all this change is giving me the vapors!
It's the Big Ten's logo.
big10-11-nav-logo.gif

It's the Big Ten's logo.
View attachment 1774
Okay, I goggled it. Then I googled it. Apparently, the "G" stands for nothing. Although it may eventually look like a "6" if they end up expanding to 16 teams. The "1" stands for nothing. The entire logo is just supposed to look like "BIG," which it does. I understand their dilemma now that the conference numbers have become so fluid, but I will go to my grave calling it the Big 10. So there!

Okay, I goggled it. Then I googled it. Apparently, the "G" stands for nothing. Although it may eventually look like a "6" if they end up expanding to 16 teams. The "1" stands for nothing. The entire logo is just supposed to look like "BIG," which it does. I understand their dilemma now that the conference numbers have become so fluid, but I will go to my grave calling it the Big 10. So there!

The G is supposed to represent a 0. Big 10

The general trend of college hoops seems ot be going in the direction of the B10, with slower games and lower scoring. I'm not a big fan of it.

The "B" of course stands for "Big".. The "iG" is the Big 10's attempt to be Appleish.

Indiana, Michigan, Ohio St, and usually Minnesota are exciting teams to watch - they are not just plodders like Wisconsin, Mich St, and some Ohio St teams of the past. I will certainly be watching any matchups between those four teams. They are not only strong teams, but are not boring or grinders either,

The problem with the Big Ten is the way the other teams play them - Wisconsin, Northwestern, Penn St.. Mich St and Purdue will try to grind them. Watching any of those teams play in the past or this year against each other is very painful.

It helps the league from a viewability standpoint that Wisconsin and Michigan St do not appear to be in the top four teams for this year.

The general trend of college hoops seems ot be going in the direction of the B10, with slower games and lower scoring. I'm not a big fan of it.

its awful, i hate these low scoring games. they should lower the shot clock to 24 or 28 or something, 35 is ridiculous. teams just pass the ball around for 30 seconds.

its awful, i hate these low scoring games. they should lower the shot clock to 24 or 28 or something, 35 is ridiculous. teams just pass the ball around for 30 seconds.
I would love to see the shot clock lowered.