Big Ten Looking at MSG for 2018 Conference Basketball Tourney | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten Looking at MSG for 2018 Conference Basketball Tourney

Very predictible...but the B1G will never leave Chicago and Indy entirely.

they will have to compensate THE BIGEAST or play a week before all other major conferences

Kind of surprised that they're so close to getting it. Whatever, their product still sucks and is made up of overrated programs; almost as overrated as their garbage football.

It's very easy to understand why the B1G would do this, but they are a Midwestern conference and have no business in NYC, even with Rutgers. I'm not sure why, but the thought of the B1G hosting their tournament at MSG while we're stuck playing elsewhere infuriates me. Like Nashville said, their product sucks, and I'm sick of feeling like it's being shoved down my throat. Rant over.

Its obvious when the B1G signs their next contract with FOX at least partially anyway that FOX will tell the Big East move their tournament up at MSG whenever the B1G wanted MSG and the Big East would say okay. The Big East-B1G Gavitt series was smartly started by FOX as well. This means nothing more.

This is going to give Swofford an Excedrin headache today. Barclay's is very second fiddle to MSG.

Just heard on the radio that they signed a contract to play in Chicago & Indy through 2023.

If this happens, the B1G would have one-uped the ACC once again

Kind of surprised that they're so close to getting it. Whatever, their product still sucks and is made up of overrated programs; almost as overrated as their garbage football.

I thought the B10 had the most entertaining set of games this year in college basketball - not to say it was great, but in comparison to other major comparisons it was the best in my view in terms of quality of game play. Whether they were the best conference is debatable -- although 3 teams in the elite 8 is pretty good.

I thought the B10 had the most entertaining set of games this year in college basketball - not to say it was great, but in comparison to other major comparisons it was the best in my view in terms of quality of game play. Whether they were the best conference is debatable -- although 3 teams in the elite 8 is pretty good.
But what happened to the earth-shattering 3 out of Final 4 we were going to witness? Seriously though, the hype surrounding the conference the last 2 years has been ridiculous; especially after the Big East put 2 teams in the Final 4 in 2013 and had the national champion, we still heard that the Big Ten was the best conference. I saw an article last year claiming the Big Ten was the equivalent of the SEC in football..I mean seriously? The SEC wins championships, the B1G chokes when it counts. It'll be interesting to see ticket prices for Barclays vs MSG if the B1g gets MSG for 2018. MSG has the allure but ask most casual observers and they're gonna take Louisville, Duke, UNC and Cuse over Maryland, IU, Michigan State and Michigan. I have a serious anti-B1G bias and it rubs me the wrong way that they're not only attempting to take over the region where I grew up but also the region that I call home now. I hope they continue to suck when it counts.