Biggest rival for a FF matchup | Syracusefan.com

Biggest rival for a FF matchup

OptimusOtto

Scout Team
Maybe this is a naive question but watching this Duke-UNC FF game got me thinking, is the closest we’d get to this still Georgetown?

Or would it be UConn? I admit this is probably recency bias but I can’t help but think how much more contentious a FF game with UConn would be. Maybe it’s because I can’t stand UConn fans and have limited-to-no interaction with any Georgetown fans.

Curious to get others thoughts….

Georgetown for me. Probably impacted at some level by the era in which my “fandom” developed. Although I definitely hate both, maybe 51% Georgetown and 49% UConn.

Georgetown for me. Probably impacted at some level by the era in which my “fandom” developed. Although I definitely hate both, maybe 51% Georgetown and 49% UConn.

Possibly more interesting question: If you had to bet your life savings, which of the three teams would you wager will be the next to make a Final Four? Bonus to set a realistic over/under on how many years until it happens.

UConn for me.

I'd say 6 years for UConn

8 years for us

15 years GTown

So hard to say. The right coach and players along with favorable match ups and really Cuse or UConn could hit a FF next three or four years.

GTown is a total rebuild now.

I know they beat us but Georgetown doesn't have a program anymore.

For the olders I guess UConn but we have nothing like Saturday night.

Probably Rutgers or Uconn.

This isn’t 2012 anymore. Hope we get back to being good/great again soon.

Maybe this is a naive question but watching this Duke-UNC FF game got me thinking, is the closest we’d get to this still Georgetown?

Or would it be UConn? I admit this is probably recency bias but I can’t help but think how much more contentious a FF game with UConn would be. Maybe it’s because I can’t stand UConn fans and have limited-to-no interaction with any Georgetown fans.

Curious to get others thoughts….
Duke with coach K, not so much now. Indiana, Kansas, Michigan all have some FF history that would make a match up interesting. I never thought I would say this, but Georgetown is a plucky upstart that may get back some day, but I think the origianl big east shine is off that rivalry now.

My dream FF would be vs. GTown, Kansas and Kentucky. Gtown for obvious reasons. UK and KU so I can remind their fans of all the words you can't spell with a U and a K. I also enjoy watching UK fans, in particular, cry and whine. As someone else on this board so eloquently has said before..."Letter that comes after E" Uconn. They don't need to be anywhere near a FF especially with their current POS coach.

Possibly more interesting question: If you had to bet your life savings, which of the three teams would you wager will be the next to make a Final Four? Bonus to set a realistic over/under on how many years until it happens.

Syracuse because the Dome and our fan base will help us to remain relevant and overcome a down time.

Once Georgetown falls off how do they regain relevance? Academically they are great, but not sure that helps the hoops program rebound.

Who is this UCan’t that you mentioned? Aren’t they a women’s hoops program.

This made me think of how close we were to playing them for a national championship in 2013 (although Louisville ended up vacating anyways). We had some great games with them that year, beating them on the road when they were #1 and losing to them in the last Big East tournament game for us. If we had played them in the title game that year I think that would have taken the rivalry to all new levels. Yet, UK will always be their biggest rival regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom