Biggest Syracuse win since... | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Syracuse win since...

OttoMets

Living Legend
Discuss.

Without thinking too hard about it, I'm thinking either West Virginia or Villanova in 2010.

Wiscy in the tourney last year. That game was a classic.
I'd have to agree. The Badgers played a great game, and we were just better. And there was a lot more on the line.

I'd have to agree. The Badgers played a great game, and we were just better. And there was a lot more on the line.
14 3's and didn't turn it over much...ouch

There was a lot on the line today. Don't underestimate a win like this, on the road, without your scoring punch off the bench. Particularly for a team that has struggled with consistency and confidence.

It's a very very good and very meaningful win.

44cuse

Well - when was the last time we beat a #1 on the road?

Connecticut in 1999. But they were missing Voskuhl and Hamilton and maybe one other starter.

Today was really impressive. Two different comebacks, our point guard overcoming a bad, overwhelmed performance and making both the defensive stop of the game and the go-ahead bucket - this was special.

As Jarhead Jim said in a another thread --- biggest win since 2003.

Wiscy in the tourney last year. That game was a classic.
I have to agree with this one. That is the thing with being a SU fan, there are multiple good answers to this.

There was a lot on the line today. Don't underestimate a win like this, on the road, without your scoring punch off the bench. Particularly for a team that has struggled with consistency and confidence.

It's a very very good and very meaningful win.

44cuse
Not saying today's W wasn't huge. But our season wouldn't have been over if we lost.

Not saying today's W wasn't huge. But our season wouldn't have been over if we lost.

I wouldn't say that that's a sufficient criterion for a great game - Indiana State and UNC-Asheville don't fit the bill - but the possibility of the season ending combined with the high level of play (and the fact that the game was decided on the last shot) to make Wisconsin a great one.

Great win.

Hopefully this will end all the bitching about the refs.

Louisville fan. Congratulations! You guys are really good. And extremely poised. Triche was incoherent in that first half, and gave you everything a senior should. Peyton, not so much. You have his number for some reason. I hope we can make a game of it at your place. Between now and then I think we both can make some space from the rest of the Big East.

What a great game by 2 great teams that just kept throwing haymakers. Last one with the ball wins. Proud of SU - no Southerland, on the road, with only 2 starters back, only 1 being a senior beating an excellent Louisville #1 ranked team. Just a fun tough competitive game and I mean this - whether we had won or lost. So happy we won! We can't let down Monday against Cinci now.

As Jarhead Jim said in a another thread --- biggest win since 2003.

Nah. The win against #1 UConn in the 2006 BET was waaaaay bigger than this. In addition to beating #1 on a neutral court, it ensured a NCAA berth (which was in serious doubt before that game) and propelled us to a BET championship. MUCH bigger win. Not that today wasn't awesome, mind you.

The point isn't whether or not our season would have been lost. Of course it wouldn't. The point is the amount of growth and confidence and progress you can get out of a win like this.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom