Biking and bike equipment thread | Syracusefan.com

Biking and bike equipment thread

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Good morning all. Looking at new hitch mounts for my bikes. Down to Saris, Rocky Mounts, or the 1up. Anyone have experience with these? Looking at the 1up style tray racks.

721Comstock
qdawgg
IthacaBarrel

Last edited:
Good morning all. Looking at new hitch mounts for my bikes. Down to Saris, Rocky Mounts, or the 1up. Anyone have experience with these? Looking at the 1up style tray racks.

721Comstock
qdawgg
IthacaBarrel
I’m not able to comment on the brands you asked about. However, I have a Kuat rack that I like. While the Kuat rack is popular with my MTB friends, I don’t hear many comments about issues with any tray racks. I think it may depend on the features important to you. Features that I like are: 1. Built in cable bike lock 2. Hand-tight cam system, which removes the slack in the hitch 3. Locking hitch pin.

I’m not able to comment on the brands you asked about. However, I have a Kuat rack that I like. While the Kuat rack is popular with my MTB friends, I don’t hear many comments about issues with any tray racks. I think it may depend on the features important to you. Features that I like are: 1. Built in cable bike lock 2. Hand-tight cam system, which removes the slack in the hitch 3. Locking hitch pin.
I like the Kuats, but they’re very expensive.

1up. Last rack you'll ever buy.
I’ve heard they’re great, but also less stable than competitors. I like buying local so I ended up with the Rockymounts Glidepath.