Bilas on the poor quality of College basketball | Syracusefan.com

Bilas on the poor quality of College basketball

bevosu

Hall of Fame
Bilas was on the Charlie Rose (PBS) show a couple of nights ago . Comes down pretty hard on how the college game has declined in the past 3 years. Good interview...not that long.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12251

I may be the lone ranger, but I think college BB players were much better shooters a decade or two ago.

IMO the biggest issue is the style stressed in the US. It has become more of an individual game where athleticism is stressed. Less team play, ball movement, and fundamentals. It allows a ton of highlights but overall a worse game IMO.

IMO the biggest issue is the style stressed in the US. It has become more of an individual game where athleticism is stressed. Less team play, ball movement, and fundamentals. It allows a ton of highlights but overall a worse game IMO.

Agreed and I think the reason is the style that wins more is stressed. There is a reason UK is #1 every year and Wisconsin did not go past sweet 16.

I mean unless they adjust the rules to favor better shooting and passing teams and that also somehow punish 1x1 play in some way, I don't see this trend changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom