Bilas phoned in this review | Syracusefan.com

Bilas phoned in this review

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Bilas: Making sense of a season that makes no sense

50. Syracuse Orange
The Orange have lost three of five -- to St. Bonaventure, Wake Forest and a very short-handed Notre Dame. Syracuse is very good defensively, but it does not force turnovers like Jim Boeheim's best teams have. The Orange struggle to make shots but are excellent on the offensive glass. If you can force Syracuse out of transition and keep it off the glass, you can win. The zone is working, as opponents are shooting just 38.1 percent, which is 11th in D-I. However, Syracuse hits on just 42.9 percent of its own shots, which is 269th in D-I and last in the ACC. With wins over Virginia Tech and Maryland, Syracuse has a decent résumé, but there is a lot more work to do for an NCAA bid.

IF you can force SU out of transition? IF? If he believes that's difficult to do, then he hasn't actually been watching us.

Logically it's not an incorrect statement

We don't play much transition.
Anybody that plays us has a decent change of winning.

Last edited:
I think he's saying "if you can keep them out of transition (easy) AND off the glass (not as easy), you can win"

He isn't the analyst he was and I would bet he hasn't seen more than two of our games

Clearly the game has passed by Bilas.

Maybe if he spent less time trying to make funny tweets or ranting about the NCAA, he’d have a more accurate assessm...oops. Thought I was in the H0T Takes thread.

Just kidding. I still like Bilas.