*Bill Walton Alert* | Syracusefan.com

*Bill Walton Alert*

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
IMG_1226.JPG

You hate him or you love him - kind of like black licorice - I love him.

He is extremely smart, unconventional, well read, has a deep understanding of the game, and not the atypical (speaking of the more modern ones) ESPN cutout color commentator...thinks for himself. Listen and I learn something new every time.

He also LOVES Larry Bird, from having played with him, gets bonus points as a result.

Also was referring to Jake for Jay Bilas for a long time until the other announcer had to ask him who he was talking about. He then answered he wasn't sure, and he didn't know the guy's name. It was amazing. He's in bizarro world.

You hate him or you love him - kind of like black licorice - I love him.

He is extremely smart, unconventional, well read, has a deep understanding of the game, and not the atypical (speaking of the more modern ones) ESPN cutout color commentator...thinks for himself. Listen and I learn something new every time.

He also LOVES Larry Bird, from having played with him, gets bonus points as a result.
I DESPISE black licorice. And I can only take so much of Walton.

Probably because I don't toke.

I DESPISE black licorice. And I can only take so much of Walton.

Probably because I don't toke.
And here I was beginning to think you were of sound mind. Next you'll be telling us you don't like pizza or chocolate! ;)

And here I was beginning to think you were of sound mind. Next you'll be telling us you don't like pizza or chocolate! ;)
Ha ha not chocolate so much now that lady parts have ceased monthly operations, but chowed down on slices for breakfast lunch dinner and today's breakfast will be the same!

The reason I don't toke is typically different, I may have mentioned it in the past.

During the Wisconsin game, he just randomly asked the play-by-play guy who his favorite author about Hawaii was. He didn't have an answer, and Walton kept hounding him about it to name one. And then finally started rattling off a bunch of names. It was just so hilariously Bill Walton.

During the Wisconsin game, he just randomly asked the play-by-play guy who his favorite author about Hawaii was. He didn't have an answer, and Walton kept hounding him about it to name one. And then finally started rattling off a bunch of names. It was just so hilariously Bill Walton.
I want his co-correspondent to just once say Bill kindly shut the and let me call the game!

I want his co-correspondent to just once say Bill kindly shut the and let me call the game!

I can't get enough of him -- like 75% of everything that comes out of his mouth makes me laugh.

I can't get enough of him -- like 75% of everything that comes out of his mouth makes me laugh.
I get it. I just prefer the camaraderie of a Bilas/McDonoghue/Raftery crew where everyone is in on the joke. And there are so MANY fine, funny AND erudite teams like that throughout sports. Or at least the ones I watch or listen to.

IOW, to me, Walton's a bully.

During yesterday's Oregon/Georgetown game, he was completely confused about Rodney Pryor. I wish I could quote exactly what he said, but he was under the impression that Pryor exhausted his eligibility (i.e. played four years at Robert Morris), then came to Georgetown. He clearly had no understanding of how the NCAA graduate transfer rules work.

I find him entertaining in small doses, but mistakes like that make both he and ESPN look incredibly bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom