Bill Walton alert | Syracusefan.com

Bill Walton alert

The worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like him from the stand point of him overcoming his stuttering problem.

He called some random bad pass the absolute worst pass in Husky history - he's out of his mind. Really, really, is.

He ended with this: "Thank you, Seattle for giving us this great day in our lives."

I think its humorous. So long as he stays out west I love it. At least he makes me laugh. I think with the right play by play guy he'd be OK.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I like Bill only to the extent he will criticize play when he sees bad play. Some announcers would never dare say something bad about a player, team or play.

“Cuttino Mobley has just made the two worst shot attempts in the history of this proud Houston Rockets franchise.”-Bill Walton

Love Bill Walton.

His classic line is the "...with the worst [ action ] in the history of [ team's ] franchise!"

I've heard him say it like five times, it's incredible.

Nothing beats this one- "When I look at Boris Diaw I think of Beethoven in the age of Romantics..This guy, has got it all!"

Even though he has a tendancy to use it in weird ways, he has a very high IQ.

i watched the game last night just to hear the big redhead call out the worst whatevers in the history of basketball played at the college level.

classic.

Oh Lord

Doing the Warshington Zona game.

His drug addled brain gets twitchy at times

images

To each their own, but he entertains the absolute hell out of me. I think he's hysterical.

That line about Rasheed Wallace playing like a four-armed Dikembe Mutumbo might be the best thing ever uttered during a sporting event.

He does a weekly PAC-12 game every Thursday night. I think his partner is annoyed with him

I liked his analysis in the final 30 seconds, when Washington went for a back door alley oop for the tie.

The announcer tried to set him up with how bad a play that is to run in a close game (which most analysts would have agreed with) Bill said nope -- the play was there, the pass was just poorly executed.

When I was a kid and he would do the NBA games on NBC (best theme song ever to a sports event on TV) I couldn't stand him. The past couple times I have listened to him, I have really enjoyed him. I might have matured enough to understand what he is saying, or maybe he has improved with his age. He is more thoughtful in his analysis than many other guys in the field.

I also recently read "Wooden, A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court" and really liked Walton's introduction. He has grown on me, like a fine wine.

He does a weekly PAC-12 game every Thursday night. I think his partner is annoyed with him
His partner is none other than Dave Pasch the former voice of the Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom