Bill Walton | Syracusefan.com

Bill Walton

OrOrange44

Walk On
I know it was a late game for eastcoasters MIZZOU vs UCLA
I have always tried to like BW mainly because of his association with the Grateful Dead
But I always found him pompous and arrogant
But now that he has gone thru what sounds like hell w his back
I thought he was a different announcer last night
Full of enthusiasum and insight
Mentioned SU, JB, and MCW a few times
Looking forward to listening to him again

OO44

Back in Portland he seemed like a regular guy. Lived fairly close by. Dated a friend of of a friend of mine. Would show up at the local Y to watch some lightly attended musical concerts like Holly Near when she was just getting started. Played hoops with the locals at the neighborhood park. Pompous and arrogant - not.

His "pompous" thing is something I always thought was just part of his on-air schtick. His brand of humor. Never minded him as a broadcaster. Seems like a gregarious, good-natured guy.

Always liked walton, happy to hear him last nite.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah..always liked him. I always thought he was pretending to be like he acted. Still think that.

Initially he wasn't one of my favorites. But the more I listened to him the more I appreciate his commentary. In fact he is one of my favorite announcers now. One of my all-time favorite in game comments was when he said, "Robert Horry, the greatest entry passer of his generation."

Back in Portland he seemed like a regular guy. Lived fairly close by. Dated a friend of of a friend of mine. Would show up at the local Y to watch some lightly attended musical concerts like Holly Near when she was just getting started. Played hoops with the locals at the neighborhood park. Pompous and arrogant - not.
We must've lived in Portland the same time. I met Walton his rookie year. My mother worked in the same office as Larry Steele. This was back when players had off season jobs. Larry Steele was a great guy and we got Blazer tickets frequently. Loved those teams; Sidney Wicks, Walton, Geoff Petrie. Bernie Fryer lived in the same apt complex as us one year also. I then moved to Seattle and followed the Slick Watts, Downtown Freddie Brown, Bill Russell as coach...great times for the NBa in the NW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom