Bills Comeback game 20 years ago today - awkward seque to keep it somewhat on topic | Syracusefan.com

Bills Comeback game 20 years ago today - awkward seque to keep it somewhat on topic

Millhouse

Living Legend
as much as the bills make me crazy, it's worth going to all those crappy games for that one incredibly fun half. I'll never experience anything like that again. McNabb to Brominski was this amazing explosion that was awesome in a different way - the bills game was crazy because of the building insanity over a half hour or hour where everyone started to believe. by the time christie hit the winning kick we were all spent. but there was something so fun about celebrating it as it was happening not just after it happened. the section was so crazy that you ended up hugging strangers not even realizing you had moved a couple rows up the section. we were like maggots

maybe marrone will cool down and realize that for all the things that wear on him here, it's worth it to stick it out for that wild moment at the dome that everyone will remember forever. he did have some amazing moments this year mizzou and usf but they weren't at the dome.

Still carry the ticket stub from this game in my wallet. I spent most of the 4th quarter running up and down my aisle in the upperdeck throwing high fives and urging the crowd on.

Great video, but it doesn't begin to capture how loud the crowd was. The only game that compared for good crowd vibe was when the Bills curbstomped the Raiders to go to their first Super Bowl.

If Houston could just run the ball it would have been over...this is what happens when you have to pass when you're ahead and keep stopping the clock. That was a great comeback by the Bills.

maybe marrone will cool down and realize that for all the things that wear on him here, it's worth it to stick it out for that wild moment at the dome that everyone will remember forever. he did have some amazing moments this year mizzou and usf but they weren't at the dome.

I kind of liked the Lousiville game at the dome this year. Not sure I needed a "moment" for that game.

I worked at channel 3 and was working when that game was being played. I remember that I was alone in the sports room and Wayne Mahar was alone in the weather room and I kept yelling to him (as at the time the sports room and weather rooms were near each other) everytime the Bills scored. Wild game for sure.

I worked at channel 3 and was working when that game was being played. I remember that I was alone in the sports room and Wayne Mahar was alone in the weather room and I kept yelling to him (as at the time the sports room and weather rooms were near each other) everytime the Bills scored. Wild game for sure.

Well at least it wasn't March Madness. We all know if you were "alone in the sports room" that time of year, it would be a "sticky" situation indeed...

I kind of liked the Lousiville game at the dome this year. Not sure I needed a "moment" for that game.
good old fashioned drubbings are very fun too. 51-3 the year before the comeback was totally great. but it's a different feeling. total satisfaction and enjoyment but not something where you turn into a crazy person

good old fashioned drubbings are very fun too. 51-3 the year before the comeback was totally great. but it's a different feeling. total satisfaction and enjoyment but not something where you turn into a crazy person
51-3 was special because it earned the FIRST trip to the Super Bowl for the team. Also the first time I've seen the goal posts get passed out of the stadium and through the parking lot.

What ended up happening in that game? I turned it off at halftime and watched a Saved by the Bell marathon on TBS.

What ended up happening in that game? I turned it off at halftime and watched a Saved by the Bell marathon on TBS.
I think I might've actually said "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so ... scared" during the Oilers last drive in regulation when they tied it up with a FG