Bishop Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bishop Thread

Just lugged soaking wet mattress and box spring, another board to bulk garbage Fridays.
Love my neighbor though, and miss him. Correction on age: 105 or 106, per mah wahf.
Dude was larger than life. Always walking around, even when he started feeling ill.

incredible- sorry man- so few left from that era - a treasure to get a chance to hang with them.

BJ, 20 points on 8/16 shooting. I will take that percentage from an outside shooting forward every day.
Ennis, 9 points, 5 assists. I'm guessing in limited minutes as I saw MikeG, Cooney and BJ running the point often, 2nd half.
Grant 10 points, 8 rebounds. Outmuscled people yet again.
Cooney 13 points 5/9 FGs, 3/4 3 pointers. Could have blown up for 20, but he distributed more in the 2nd.
DC2 4 points
G 4 points
I'm guessing Christmas had a few more blocks, hauled in a chunk of rebounds.

tee owned this thread like a fat girl waving her trophy from the smell contest. sweet sassy molassy!

eGMyaGl5MTI=_o_saturday-night-live-sports-center-ray-romano.jpg

BJ, 20 points on 8/16 shooting. I will take that percentage from an outside shooting forward every day.

BJ could be the player that Mookie only dreamed about. Plus he has shown some skills that JSIII never exhibited. He just looks so much more comfortable. Of course it might be a little premature to hang his number in the rafters but I like what I saw today.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but Cooney is probably a top 3 key factor this season. He doesn't need to be a Mike Miller type shooter, but if he can bring us 8-10 every night we become that much better.

I don't know its so tough to tell right now.
Outside Ennis CJ and Grant all hitting double figures, I don't know who is going to average over 8 yet. And I am hoping Grant and Ennis are closer to 12ppg minimum.

We haven't been up against a good midmajor yet. Next game will tell us alot. Rak might catch up to Dajuan offensively.

I think we will have a mismatch at one forward spot every game hopefully at two most of the time. Ennis will be even matchup about 100 of the time with his ability to run a offense, but I worry about finding mistaches at SG and the Center spot.

Agree though If Cooney gives us atleast 8-10ppg on no more then 9.0 shots per game I will be happy. He hit all 3 threes from the same position it doesn't look deadly but if thats what it takes for him to get 9 points on 4 shots I would take that EVERY game.

Took a lot of shots, scored a few. He's looked way more confident, at ease than last night.
Splash. BJ hits another outside shot, 2 pointer

BJ had a lot of Tony Scott in him tonight. Volume shooter who can get hot.

10,000 tees. Attainable. Forum, about to blow up.
Too.
Much.
Likes.
Shortness of breath.
cusetown's back. :)
Still. Shortness of breath.

Sally, tell them all what's on your mind.

Ennis, 1 turnover in two games. Primary ball handler.
Yikes.
8/13 or so from the field in two games. Very nice.
4 assist in 17 minutes tonight.
They gave him some rest for tomorrow's big game.

I was wrong about Rak. No blocks, but 6 points, 10 boards, 4 assists and 3 steals?
Now that's more like it!

DC2 with 6 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks
Keita 6 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks

Buss struggled on 1/12 shooting tonight, 4 TOs. Did have a couple of rebounds, 4 assists and a steal though. Probably from the same guy that stole it from him. ;)

Tee what do you think the odds of seeing Grant or Roberson playing alittle bit of SG on the defensive side of the ball is?? Fairs shot looked smooth enough in game one to switch with them at the 2 on the offensive end.

Not to say Bj and Cooney can't aren't good enough.
Wouldn't mind seeing Ennis at point, Grant at SG, Fair at SF, Rak at PF and Whoever at Center towmorrow on the defensive end some. Carlton was only 6th in rebounding last year we could probably give them some rebounding trouble going big.

Tee what do you think the odds of seeing Grant or Roberson playing alittle bit of SG on the defensive side of the ball is?? Fairs shot looked smooth enough in game one to switch with them at the 2 on the offensive end.

Not to say Bj and Cooney can't aren't good enough.
Have to give you a like for thinking creatively, but I just can't see it.
Roberson has a good handle and has covered guards in HS, but not often. He belongs in the paint. Same with JG.
Good news, is Roberson can extend forwards out to the perimeter.
Just my opinion.

Oh, that's my bad. Just defensively? Maybe Roberson, as he has done similarly in RC's 2-3 zone. But still, he's so much more helpful on the wing or down low. Rebounding and blocking of his way outweighs that he's pretty mobile for a big.

Buss struggled on 1/12 shooting tonight, 4 TOs. Did have a couple of rebounds, 4 assists and a steal though. Probably from the same guy that stole it from him. ;)
In the second half, I legitimately felt sorry for him every time he shot the ball. He played with so much energy and couldn't make a thing.

tee, you have flat out owned this thread. Kudos and here's to keeping it up throughout the months to come!
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom