Bob Ley retiring from ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Bob Ley retiring from ESPN

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

I like ESPN. I watch it. Appreciate that Syracuse gets lots of money from them.

Have been disappointed by a relative lack of journalistic integrity from ESPN for a while now. Disappointed their radio shows and Sports Center have evolved into what appear to be promotional vehicles for the content they own.

But I have never been disappointed in Bob Ley.

Great parting note. Congrats on your retirement. Hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Agree 100% -- CTO has a story about this, I believe.

I still want to know what happened to Bernie Fine and why this story went away soooo quietly? Was he wrongly outed? did the university pay him to go away after they fired him, for essentially nothing (if all the accusers were grifters and full of ). I give Syracuse credit for handling this like a big corporation and paying whatever to make a salacious story die quietly.

Not disagreeing with you about Ley, but I do want to point out that most of this board believed most of the Bernie stuff until later.

If the board did believe that, then most of the blame lies with Ley and his propping up of a flimsy accusation that had been investigated years prior and presenting it as the next Jerry Sandusky. It was irresponsible journalism by Ley and ESPN, who was hoping to cash in on a salacious story after dropping the ball on the Penn State story.

Not disagreeing with you about Ley, but I do want to point out that most of this board believed most of the Bernie stuff until later.
You have a different memory of it (the "board" reaction) than do I. I put quotes around board because I don't think you could consider us a single entity, particularly where the Bernie Fine situation is concerned. Opinions and viewpoints ran the gamut and fan reactions were definitively normal given the gravity of the accusations and the murkiness of the facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom