bobby knight is a shell of the shell of himself | Syracusefan.com

bobby knight is a shell of the shell of himself

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
I thought he had lost some off his fastball a few years ago.

Well, during tonights SMU / CINCY game, he has now proven to be a shell of the shell of himself.

wow. this is embarrassing.

he thinks a 6 point lead is a four possession game.

He's no Bill Walton, that's for sure.

Who every once in awhile pretends he doesn't know the guy he's working with. He acts so crazy you'll never if he actually loses it.

I thought he had lost some off his fastball a few years ago.

Well, during tonights SMU / CINCY game, he has now proven to be a shell of the shell of himself.

wow. this is embarrassing.

he thinks a 6 point lead is a four possession game.
Well, if you count each FT as a possession, and you miss a couple...

I'm unsure why they still let him do games. He was great originally but about 3 years ago he obviously started having some health issues and either they effected his brain or his medication has. Its kind of sad because although he was unconventional, he was quite knowledgeable and gave a vastly different perspective than you usually get. He was especially detailed in his identification of guys playing good bball that didn't always translate to stats or highlights. I remember in 09 he explained why our zone was so good and correlated that into why m2m or any defense is good. He talked about execution, attentiveness of the defenders to players, the ball and their teammates followed by making the right rotations and help defense. Even though he was a m2m guy his thing was any well schemed defense is only as good or as bad as the way the players play it.

Well, if you count each FT as a possession, and you miss a couple...

Or you need 8 points to win and when I played the game you got 2 points for a basket, not 3 dammit. Now get off my front lawn.

Last edited:
Or you need 8 points to win and when I played the game you got 2 points for a basket, not 3 dammit.
And they had to stop play after each basket to push the ball out of the peach basket with a pole.

I still wish there was a clip of him during that Novageddon game in 2010 where he was talking about the Rautins family and he had a line something like "You've got the grandpa, the brother, and the other guy..." It was so awesome it still makes me laugh.

I'm unsure why they still let him do games. He was great originally but about 3 years ago he obviously started having some health issues and either they effected his brain or his medication has. Its kind of sad because although he was unconventional, he was quite knowledgeable and gave a vastly different perspective than you usually get.

My view exactly. I liked him a lot maybe 3-5 years ago. Unconventional, but knowledgeable and entertaining. But the decline was extremely rapid and noticeable. Instead of removing him from the air, ESPN demoted him down to largely SEC and lower conference games.

I guess at this point he is entitled to work if he wants to, but I find it a bit sad.

Unfortunately he forgets the score quite a bit. Last year, in the last 30 seconds of a close game he messed up which team had the lead, which obviously lead to some flawed commentary on the team's strategy as the clock was winding down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom