Bobcats name STJ's Dunlap head coach | Syracusefan.com

Bobcats name STJ's Dunlap head coach

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
I know Mike Dunlap used to be a D2 head coach but isn't it extremely rare for a college assistant to become an NBA HC?

I know Mike Dunlap used to be a D2 head coach but isn't it extremely rare for a college assistant to become an NBA HC?
Here is a nice article from 2009 from Pete Thamel on him, but I am sure 99.9% of the people had the same reaction I did when he was announced.
Considering this is the Bobcats (who are the Clippers of the East) making this decision, I wish the man the best of luck.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/sports/ncaabasketball/25arizona.html

I think this is how analogies are written on standardized tests:

Michael Jordan : Ownership :: Magic Johnson : coaching

-OR-

Michael Jordan : Ownership :: Barack Obama : Leadership

:noidea:

-OR-

not the place for politics.

-OR-

Wrong board

-OR-

I rarely defend Obama, but that is below the belt.

As the lone Bobcat fan on the board, I'm excited about Dunlap. I doubt ANY of you actually watched a game last season but it's so easy to poke fun since they were so bad.

I bet you guys didn't know their envisioned starting line up never played one game together because of injuries.

And yeah, really poor post about Obama.

Here is a nice article from 2009 from Pete Thamel on him, but I am sure 99.9% of the people had the same reaction I did when he was announced.
Considering this is the Bobcats (who are the Clippers of the East) making this decision, I wish the man the best of luck.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/sports/ncaabasketball/25arizona.html

"But in an environment in which teaching and coaching are often considered less important than collecting talent and catering to powerful summer coaches, it remains to be seen if Dunlap’s vast résumé will help him get a major Division I job. "

Funny thing is the NBA is even more of a place where teaching and coaching are less important and collecting talent is even more important. Very odd hire but Michael has yet to do anything even remotely considered "smart". That said, have you looked at Charlote's roster? P-U. They're almost a lock to take a guard because their frontcourt stinks.

The Bobcats stated they eliminated Jerry Sloan from contention. I have a hard time believing this. I think Sloan let them say that so that Charlotte said they could get their first choice. Their resumes aren't even close.

The Bobcats stated they eliminated Jerry Sloan from contention. I have a hard time believing this. I think Sloan let them say that so that Charlotte said they could get their first choice. Their resumes aren't even close.

Actually Jerry Sloan withdrew his name from consideration. It may be they told him no thanks, but Jerry was the one who put out the release saying he had taken his name out of consideration.

-OR-

You can play "Miller" on the OTB board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics