Body of Work v Feb/March | Syracusefan.com

Body of Work v Feb/March

bpo57

Living Legend
We are gonna find out which method is used. Plenty of test cases to work with this year. I prefer the who is the best over the last six weeks over caring about what you did during the holidays. As long as you have played a legit sked during the last 6 weeks. Wichita state is an exception cuz they are 34-0 and went toe to toe in the F4 with the champs with pretty much the same squad. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.

So why don't we just play 6 weeks then? If the season doesn't matter we should just start in conference play and have a 6 week regular season.

So why don't we just play 6 weeks then? If the season doesn't matter we should just start in conference play and have a 6 week regular season.

Let me reiterate the key qualifier. As long as you play in a legit conference. I understand it's different for the smaller conferences. But the OOC for the good conferences should largely be looked at as kind of a warmup. I think teams should be seeded and selected largely based on who they are now not based on stuff that happened 3-4 months ago.

Wichita state is an exception cuz they are 34-0 and went toe to toe in the F4 with the champs with pretty much the same squad. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Wichita State is a good club, but they aren't pretty much the same team as last year.

They graduated 2 of their top 3 scorers, top rebounder and top assist man.

Again, good team, but last year's team is a markedly different look from this year's team.

We are gonna find out which method is used. Plenty of test cases to work with this year. I prefer the who is the best over the last six weeks over caring about what you did during the holidays. As long as you have played a legit sked during the last 6 weeks. Wichita state is an exception cuz they are 34-0 and went toe to toe in the F4 with the champs with pretty much the same squad. They deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Last year doesn't matter a whit when choosing this year's field.

Wichita State is a good club, but they aren't pretty much the same team as last year.

They graduated 2 of their top 3 scorers, top rebounder and top assist man.

Again, good team, but last year's team is a markedly different look from this year's team.

Markedly different? More than 80% of the minutes played by WS in the Louisville game were played by players that are on this year's team.

Last year doesn't matter a whit when choosing this year's field.

Understood. My point was that some want to dismiss WS cuz of their weak schedule but many of these same players accomplished quite a lot last year in getting to the F4 so their 34-0 shouldn't immediately be looked at with suspicion.

Understood. My point was that some want to dismiss WS cuz of their weak schedule but many of these same players accomplished quite a lot last year in getting to the F4 so their 34-0 shouldn't immediately be looked at with suspicion.
OK, gotcha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom